Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coreupt Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
carroz, your friend must have liked them ? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got mine today, along with the Directors. I love the coreupts, they look great, but I think I'm in love with the directors already. Honestly can't believe how cool they are. Some of the most beautiful objects I've ever seen. snowHead

The bangers look incredible though, don't get me wrong, but not much can match the bases of the directors for me, looks very smart but will certainly get attention - something I'll admit enjoying on the slope. snowHead The camber underfoot on the bangers is seriously quite aggressive I think, made me grin when I saw that combined with the double rocker, should be a very very fun ski.

And bloody hell, the directors really do only have 1m effective edge. Couldn't believe it til I saw it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DannyB01, got my Bangers today. Similar picture (if I could work out how to post), sitting alongside The Ones...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My housemates absolutely love the design on the bangers, love how light they are too.

You have to upload the picture to a site like imageshack and post a link to within [img][/img], in case you were wondering.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndAnotherThing.., Yes he did rather like them, got used all last season.....grrr......... They have a guitar on them....can't remember the model name, brill in trees and off piste, bit rubbish on hard pack, chatter like hell!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DannyB01 wrote:
Got mine today, along with the Directors. I love the coreupts, they look great, but I think I'm in love with the directors already. Honestly can't believe how cool they are. Some of the most beautiful objects I've ever seen. snowHead

The bangers look incredible though, don't get me wrong, but not much can match the bases of the directors for me, looks very smart but will certainly get attention - something I'll admit enjoying on the slope. snowHead The camber underfoot on the bangers is seriously quite aggressive I think, made me grin when I saw that combined with the double rocker, should be a very very fun ski.

And bloody hell, the directors really do only have 1m effective edge. Couldn't believe it til I saw it.

Directors look sick, that 1m edge is crazy. What's the radius on them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mag1882 wrote:
....Directors look sick, that 1m edge is crazy. What's the radius on them?

27m
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
that's gonna be one odd ski.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mag1882, I'm not sure I 'get' it. Fun in powder but so are most skis!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alans deep bath, Get what?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mag1882, the Director, sorry. Thought it would fill a gap in my quiver but it really just reinforced my need for a proper powder ski and for something when conditions are a little more variable.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alans deep bath, It's going to be interesting to feel how the Pow's compare. Similar width under foot but with a traditional shape and camber.

One of the things I noticed this year skiing 'wider / 107mm' skis for the first time, over my old Karma's (87mm), is that I didn't get that occasional & lovely 'free fall' feeling in steep powder, I guess due to the extra 'float'.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alans deep bath, Sounds like wyou need some WD Redeemers, now THATS a powder ski!! wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dirty Bar-stewards just arrived..

NICE Smile and at that price I won't mind wrecking them on rails in the fridge.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
got my Dirty Bs and Bangers today, they both look awesome the Bangers are actually 181cm and the DBs 180cm

Bangers
-much fatter than I expected
-quite light
soft flex in the tip

DBs
-lots of camber
-quite stiff
-slightly heavier
latest report
Just noticed a very minor detail, the base design on the DBs is slightly different to the one shown on the website
ski holidays
I've been told my order is confirmed - but no tracking notification yet - grrrr.

Anyone else in the same boat?
snow report
Markymark29, been there, done that Wink

AndAnotherThing.., more speed required!
snow report
Iaink, Yeah they'll be different for each length most likely. You only thought these were quite light? My first thoughts on my Yards was how light they are, even for a park ski, considering how thick they are and that their waist is 85mm these things are like feathers.
snow report
mag1882 wrote:
Iaink, Yeah they'll be different for each length most likely. You only thought these were quite light? My first thoughts on my Yards was how light they are, even for a park ski, considering how thick they are and that their waist is 85mm these things are like feathers.

well they've not got any bindings on yet and I've never felt a 'naked' pair before NehNeh

Just weighed them on digital kitchen scales and the Bangers are 1.85kg each (3.7kg pair) and the DBs are 1.95kg each (3.9kg pair) they're both pretty damn light!
snow report
mag1882 wrote:
colin, getting squires will be the worst decision you make if she skis at all fast, I have griffons and I've broken them about 5 times this season, broken brakes, heel piece partially broken, toe piece exploded, afd broken, I'm never buying markers again for sure.

Mag1882 are these the bindings you've just sold me, that you described as lightly used and only superfical scratchs in your advert?
latest report
Huckacliff duckabranch, Yeah, but all problems have had the parts replaced, and I think it's because I'm a fast bad skier haha.
latest report
ooops
snow report
Great buy.....not!????
snow conditions
mag1882, Your advert regarding the bindings
"Got a set for sale, pretty lightly used, all marks are cosmetic and have had the toe-piece completely replaced a few weeks ago, so that's pretty much new. Offer up as I'm not really sure what they sell for used and couldn't really find much out about it, as bindings don't really damage I figured the price wouldn't drop that much but offer up anyway."

gone from pretty lighty used to having broke them 5 times in this season in the space of 2 different threads,

so just to clarify as you've given two very different reports on the same set of bindings, what state are they going to be in when i recieve them? i was kind of hoping my "fast bad ass skiing" was going to stand up in the pretty lightly used bindings
snow report
I doubt they will be any different to brand new ones, the toe piece has been completely replaced, so there's nothing wrong, everything that was broken was replaced, what could possibly be wrong?
latest report
Ski in Dundee but they couldn't find our house. Got to pick them up on Monday night. Grrrrr.
ski holidays
Huckacliff duckabranch, misrepresentation tbh, not the way things are done on Snowheads!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Huckacliff duckabranch, how much did you pay for them? No binding is unbreakable but if you want something that is more durable then the bindings would have to cost a lot more than 99 euros.

Basically a lot depends upon how much you weigh, your style of skiing and what you want to do with them? If you are spending all of your time in the park then you will break your bindings at some point. If you spend most of your time on piste then I think that you would be unlucky to break your bindings.

I've had marker griffons in the past and for piste skiing and a bit of park they were fine. I weigh 78 kg or so. On the plus side replacement parts for marker bindings are easier to get hold of than most.
snow conditions
Colin B,
It two very different descriptions of the same binding so yes a case of misrepresentation, not been on here long but thought as you say it's not the way things are done, defo not done onTGR that way
Elston,
Paid £75.00 for them, I understand no binding is unbreakable, but I was under the impression these binding had little use and only superficial scratches from the sellers ad, if the seller said in his add,
"I'm a park rat and have used the bindings a lot" I'd not have gone anywhere near them and got a set from somewhere else,
snow report
Huckacliff duckabranch, don't get me wrong because I agree that he is taking the wee wee with the selling description he gave. Its really not the way things are done on here.
ski holidays
First off I'm not a park rat, and the only thing wrong with them is cosmetic. Toe piece was replaced everything is in good working order along with all screws. What could be wrong.
snow report
mag1882,
When I mentioned "park rat" I was only going by your own admissions
A thread you started regarding ski vices and clamps
"mag1882
user
I'm a park skier. I don't sharpen edges
Thu 10 May, 12
09:08"
I can only go by what you say,
no one is saying anything could be wrong with them, what others and I are saying is you've sold them as lightly used and agreed a price indicating that, it now turns out you've hammered them in the park
snow report
damn even more mad now i ordered 3 pairs on the Fri morning at 10:52 and got nothing but it seems some of you ordered later and have them now Evil or Very Mad

70000934 Coreupt Watch Out 11/12 99,90 1 Evil or Very Mad
length: 183
70000922 Coreupt Pow 11/12 99,90 1
length: 186
70000923 Coreupt The Slasher 11/12 99,90 1
length: 179
snow report
Well decide when you get them huck.
snow report
mag1882 wrote:

I'm 174cm and I was planning on going for the 181s on yards(without rocker) but I didn't because I'm planning on using them on my summer setup, so given your height and given the fact they have a rocker I would definately go for 184s. It sucks to have skis that are too short but too long you can get used to.

mag1882, so you have a backyard summer set up and you don't ski park?
snow report
I have a backyard setup I ski park but I'm not a park rat, Im all mountain.
snow conditions
mag1882, wrong thread - you should be in the Vidal Sassoon thread on hair splitting.
ski holidays
geeo, that is very unlucky. If you were ordering when they still had watch outs left they don't really have much of an excuse.

As for ski length, I'm 178 and got the 174 bangers even though they have rocker. They seem to measure in a bit more than that and I'm glad I didn't go any higher, there's really not all that much rocker on them and the camber's pretty intense.
snow conditions
mag1882 wrote:
Well decide when you get them huck.

Good call on that.

.... erm, Huckacliff duckabranch you might be needing this if you decide to ask for your money back.

http://ww3w.newschoolers.com/ns/forums/readthread/thread_id/689428/

mag1882, it's not cool to misrepresent Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy