Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers pleeeeeese stop it

Poster: A snowHead
STOP BANGING THE BACK OF MY BOARD WITH WOUR SKIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do all Boarders get this?????????????
I ski and board and i never do it, i dont know wether its just the skiers on rental skis or what. The problem is you see is that i work very hard to buy the things i have and i dont like it when people dont respect this. I went to Cas snow dome the other night and the back of my board now looks like an ex rental. Im sure the snowhead skiers dont do it but just incase will you promise that you wont do it any more!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AD, I think it is coz when boarders take a footout they treat the board like a loose shoe lace. All over the bloody shop.
We skiers are quite prepared to trash the backs of skis aswell as boards.

Alternate answer: Stop charging around going too fast for your abilty, stop sittng down on the piste line abreast, stop pushng me when I get off a chairlift, and stop scraping the snow off my hill, and we might stop skiing over the back of your board Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah i got this all day in my new £500.00 rx8's today from skiers and boarders....

i didnt pay 500 quid for them but they are still my pride and joy !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski gear gets trashed but only if you use it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, I dont want this to become a skier Vs boarder thread What im saying is have a little more thought for other peoples gear. This guy on thursday night stood on the back of my board and took a chunk out of it this is why boarders will push a skier out of the way, he is protecting his board not trying to keep balance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scratching of kit is annoying I agree - but from a nation of slobs who can't be bothered to take their empty supermarket trolleys to the park and leave them to roll into other folk's cars instead. what do you expect? My plea to all skiers is please don't carry your poles horizontally - I value my eyes and other parts of my anatomy even more than I value my ski tops Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
it is annoying though when people run over the back of your kit when waiting in line, I just turn round and poke em in the face with my ricin tipped ski pole !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

this is why boarders will push a skier out of the way he is protecting his board not trying to keep balance

Yeh but do they have to do it just as I get of the chair lift next to the slik chicks from Girls Aloud, making me look most uncool.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Royal, Dont even talk to me about my skis i had two weeks out of them and they are a mess, the back of them look ten years older than the front of them
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i saw the ginger haired girl from xscape on a board today, i previously only ever seen her manning the pomma, but she was fantastic.... nice tatoo aslo... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
why do i only ever notice spelling mistakes after i jiot the post button ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alan Craggs, The wife causes more damage to my car tham any supermarket trolley ever could, but thats another thread for another day Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Royal, Too busy looking at the wall im just about to slide into to notice a girls hair colour . To be honest she could be naked an i dont think i would notice. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ginger Puzzled

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 25-09-05 23:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
.... its the only thing that keeps me going....
ski holidays
You can take solace in the fact that it is the bottom of your board(s) that counts. They are ruining their running surface by rubbing it on your cosmetics.
snow report
AD,

The backs of my skis are the same!! So annoying. It's lift queues that do it.
snow report
The first thing I do with any of my new skis is to get out the paint pot and give them a good defacing.
I do this as an anti-theft device Happy
All I concerned about is the bases & edges.
snow conditions
My daughter got really annoyed with a little boy whilst waiting in the lift queue, he was continuously jabbing her brand new nitro snowboard with his ski poles Twisted Evil
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Stop charging around going too fast for your abilty, stop sittng down on the piste line abreast, stop pushng me when I get off a chairlift, and stop scraping the snow off my hill

Are you talking about boarders and/or skiers, here? Toofy Grin
snow report
hyweljenkins, I was probably referring to my kids !
snow conditions
im having my skis fitted with barbed wire...
ski holidays
years ago, when I was quite fanatical about the top of my kit....when we bought new skis, we asked for them to add adhesive, thick clear tape...which was specially designed (I think) for the purpose of protecting tops of skis...it was great - and when you sold them you just whipped it off and the skis were in v. good nick. Don't know if you can still get it - but worth checking out, as the backs of skis/boards problem ain't going away. If I can remember it cost about £10 on my K2 TNC's with matching green Tyrolia bindings in 1987 (happy days) (BTW, the reason I stopped doing it - was I took said TNC's to Courcheval for their inaugural run - 2nd run ever - launched off a track to land on 1' of snow....on top of a scree slope - wasn't too bothered about top sheets after that rolling eyes ))
ski holidays
Why not turn around and ask the guy taking chunks out of your board to back off instead of coming on here ranting at all the skiers? Probably a more productive solution.
latest report
WRT where skiers and boarders on the hill, shouldn't they all be told "Don't stop where you wouldn't park your car"? It's simeple, common sense. Won't help with the numpties that scratch your kit, but might make mountains a little safer.
snow report
aahh the continental Q.. it is impossible when you are in a Q for the lifts to allow any space at all to form in front of you.. this will cause immediate panic to the people behind you making them clamber all over you.. the fact that no one will get there any faster is irrelevant.. all available space must be filled at all times.. this applies to Q's to theme park rides as well..
to those of us who prefer a bit more personal space its a cross we have to bear
snow conditions
bit like flying ryan air really!
latest report
Often wondered about gluing a sander belt to the top of my skis myself...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
aahh the continental Q..

actually the concept of 'queueing' is a very British thing. Now taken to the extreme where Brits join them just to find out what is at the other end. A national sport at which we seem to excel. Smile
ski holidays
Try going to USA/Canada. I've never had problems with boarders of skiers standing on the back of my skis whilst in the queues (which don't happen to often). This might be due to better organisation of queues and queue jumping can result in your lift pass being taken off you.

Have experienced problem of both boarders and skiers sitting across the hill usually just over a rise. The skiers seem to be beginners so you'd expect the instructor to have a biit more common.
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Id push him over, then claim you lost your balance. Pff Kids
ski holidays
I think one of the problems is that in Cas snowdome, you get alot of people who have never skied anywhere else. They haven't had chance to learn the finer points of slope ettiquette yet and probably don't realise that our skis/ board are not the bog standard hire equipment but are in fact our pride and joy which we lovingly caress and sleep with each night (or is that just me?) wink
ski holidays
My board has the american flag in the shape of a hand giving the middle finger, not a board many shops would choose to hire out. I would rather they come up behind me and kick me up the ar5e!!
snow conditions
AD, "Your request is acceptable!" snowHead
ski holidays
AD wrote:
My board has the american flag in the shape of a hand giving the middle finger, not a board many shops would choose to hire out. I would rather they come up behind me and kick me up the ar5e!!

Do you snowboard in France by any chance? I would have thought that skiers scraping the back of your board would have been the least of your problems if you do!
snow conditions
At MK, boarders reach the bottom, slide through the gap in the netting heading for the lifts, having to immediately turn just behind an opaque crash pad. At this point they stop, blocking the path, and then bend over to release their straps, thus becoming invisible behind the pad, to anyone boarding or skiing round the same corner! Puzzled
snow report
AD,
Since we're doing stereotyping - boarders, stop using my skis as a footrest on the lift, they have releasable bindings you know!! Twisted Evil wink
latest report
i think they should have a sperate lift cue for boarders, one that takes them to the car park instead !

Only kidding mad monkeys !

And if disney land is anything to go by i imagine the lift system in the states is far better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy