Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'1 quiver' twin tip with off piste bias ?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about my next '1 quiver' twin tip and so far thinking along the lines of Volkl Bridge \ Mantra or maybe Icelantic Pilgrim or maybe Nomad.

My previous ski for this task were Volkl Karma's (169's) which I loved and work pretty much everywhere. I'm after something with an off piste bias but which is still fun on piste as I can't be ar$ed traveling with 2 pairs of skis. I'm after something reasonably affordable so previous years models or ex-demo would be fine.

I'm 5 10 & 80 kg.

Any suggestions, thoughts or links to cheap ski's welcome Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AndAnotherThing.., can't fault the Mantras, do everything, go everywhere, as fast as you like.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossignol S3....job done
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Storm Rage or Storm Cyclone could be worth a look, there are usually a few new pairs in last seasons graphics on ebay very cheap.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitedot Preachers - and they are doing an end of season sale.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
.......I can't be ar$ed traveling with 2 pairs of skis.....

Why compomise on the skis, just use Quiver Killer inserts Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
atomic theory could fit the bill.

i have s3s and while i like them a lot, in harder, lumpier conditions they're a bit of a noodle compared to the theory or the mantra as mentioned above.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, ah well, all my piste/race ski's run on rail type binding systems - unless they can be QK'd and remounted ?

Cheers everyone - keep the suggestions coming.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mantras aren't twins, but supposed to be ace.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dublinfella wrote:
Whitedot Preachers - and they are doing an end of season sale.

Bit too powder/off-piste ski biased?

I have Whitedot Ones. I'm 5"9' and 80kgs, and I ski them in a 173. Great on piste (but not amazing for carving), very nice off piste too. I ski 50% off, 50% on piste. Only had them a short time, but have skieed weekends in Banff and Whistler recently, and they were excellent in new, deep powder - if not as flaoty as something like a Preacher.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are familiar with/interested in Blizzards, there is a sweet deal going on a pair of Blizzard the One on epicski. 184 though...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitedot Ones are sweet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a pair of Whitedot Preachers and also a pair of Volkl Bridges (mounted with marker dukes and marker barons respectively). Both skis are fantastic but if I were to pick just one of them for all round use I would go for the Bridges I think.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Line prophet 98s on Ellis b at a good price now.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a pair of scott punishers that I use as my "every day" ski and think they are super. If you are going quick on piste thay aren't quite as quick edge to edge as my piste skis and if you are wanting to blast though crud they are a little softer than my head monsters... but this makes them better in deeper snow...
latest report
shoogly, Have you skied the Prophet's ?
ski holidays
AndAnotherThing.., I have skied on prophet 90s and 100s in the past. Very good, fun ski. More fun, lighter and easier turning than the Hardsides I'm skiing on now.

From all accounts, the 98 is a better ski than the old 100, especially since it has capwall construction so more stiffness/grip directly under foot. I have bought a pair of 98s in the sale for next season, just need to mount the bindings on them once I have my new boots in the new season.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., I've spent a lot of snow time on Prophet 100s and they are an excellent ski in powder or soft piste conditions. Although I'm not sure I'd recommend them as a 1 quiver ski in Europe, so depends on where you ski? Basically they don't like steep icy hardpack very much, but are excellent on pretty much anything else. The 98 looks like a useful improvement over the 100 with early rise and new capwall construction.
snow report
bobmcstuff wrote:
Whitedot Ones are sweet.

They are! Mine are fitted with Jester Schizo bindings, which are actually quite good (despite initial misgivings with Marker bindings after the poor reputation of the Squire/Griffin models). For days when I fancy jumping (or trying to!!) and skiing around backwards, being able to move the bindings to the centre of the ski in seconds is a great feature.

I heartily recommend these skis. The only thing they don't do well is high speed carved turns - but that doesn't bother me so much. I have been told that Line Prophet 90s are better at that sort of thing, as well as doing other stuff pretty well - have not skiied them myself...
ski holidays
Just reading a few reviews on the Prophet 98's - they seem a possible option.

I have had a day on the Ones and got on with them fine. They do what it says on the tin Happy
snow report
Shameless plug : Laughing
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=88828
snow conditions
shoogly, I have Line Prophet 90s with Dukes and Prophet Flites with tele bindings. I think the 90s are v heavy and are quite stiff (I think stiffer than the 98s??). Although perhaps they have changed a little- Mine were bought 4 years ago I think. (the flites and the prophet 90s are exactly the same shape so the skins for the 90s should fit the flits if I ever get round to trying)
ski holidays
Icelandic nomads are stiffer than my stiff thing and still carve sweetly even though I can only ride the sidecut on tele bindings. They also appear to be indestructible Confused
snow conditions
Masque, had wondered about Icelantic skis and tele bindings??
snow conditions
Atomic Access are 100 under foot and have front rocker. They're probably more for people "trying out" wider skis but I've had a pair for a few years and I've got no complaints. Not sure if they have been replaced by the Theory as oz5000 uggests, or whether that's just a different model.
latest report
ed123, maybe the dukes add a bit of weight? the prophets are certainly lighter than most skis i've skied or owned in the last few years. Only skis i remember being lighter were my Fischer AMC79s.
snow report
Agree, nothing heavy about Prophet 90s. Got to be one of the lighter 90 mm options around. I had a pair of P100s and they weren't heavy either.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy