Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I repair this with a candle?

cran
cran
Excellent powder day, but also went over a rock (at least I assume I did by the gash in my base)...

Can I fix this with a repair candle?

Hasn't gone through to the core, but is bigger than my usual scratches.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think a candle is the answer to that gash.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thats a bit of a core shot cran, as the white is the core material. Candle ptex will just come out of that as it needs ptex to stick to, it will not stick straight to the core, you need some metal grip / use a ptex pistol. or get them to patch it. At least its not near an edge which would be worse.

Is grand massif now shut and just flaine open? Very jealous of all that powder..... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 cran
cran
carroz, Whole GM has been open until today, but only the main lifts and pistes open for the last week (and they have slowed the lifts down). But with the amount of snow we have there is much more fun to be had off the pistes than on them...

All closed now Sad but Friday and Sunday were amazing Toofy Grin

Might be able to sneak in a quick trip to Verbier next weekend, and hopefully do a couple of summer ski trips, but I can't wait for next season!

So is this a repair I can do myself if I get some 'metal grip' or do I need to take it somewhere?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would take it somewhere, candle will just come out, but only get them to repair the damage, not do a base grind.

Cluses racing services are ok for repairs and not far from you

I think flaine is open next week, but its a bit a trek from samoens.

Last friday was rather epic as well, the trees near gron were brill and no one there....have been summer waxing all the skis today, so floating about on wax fumes!!
latest report
 cran
cran
Just checked out prices on a base doc tool and some metal grip and ptex repair strips... comes to less than £100 so I think I'll get the tools and do it myself.

Bit annoying to do a big scratch on the last day of the season!!! rolling eyes But was worth it... Toofy Grin

At least I now have plenty of time to get the repair done...

The season was supposed to finish the 15th and they extended to 22nd, so I don't think Flaine is still open next week. But Verbier is... and I have a free pass that I might use next weekend.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cran, your correct flaine is not open, forgot they extended the links opening, but grand monets in chamonix will be open as well, but the free discovery haute savoie days with GM season pass finished today as I have just put what we had left in the bin.

try to find an old ski to have a practice with the base doc if you have not used one before

gm here

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/en/rates-timetables-fields-discovered?id=4
ski holidays
 cran
cran
carroz wrote:
cran, your correct flaine is not open, forgot they extended the links opening, but grand monets in chamonix will be open as well, but the free discovery haute savoie days with GM season pass finished today as I have just put what we had left in the bin.

There is a verbier pass on the top left corner of the sheet that came with the GM pass, it is valid until 29th.

Quote:
try to find an old ski to have a practice with the base doc if you have not used one before

Good idea Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cran, Anthoniaz ski in the main street opp the glu-vin bar are pretty good, as is Thierry at Planet Glisse for repairs. enjoy Verbier if you make it next weekend Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy