Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where is still open In Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Well there's still tons of snow left so where is still open in Austria or Germany, 2-3 hours drive from Munich?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hmm Tux is only 175km, anywhere closer?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hintertux, Stubai, Kitzsteinhorn glaciers. Solden.

Ischgl and Oberatuern if you are quick.

All within a pacey three hour drive of Munich...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kitzsteinhorn glacier (Kaprun) is still open and had knee-deep powder for most of last week Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Obertauern is open another week... bits of Amadé are still open but only very limited lifts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Kaunertal Glacier is open until 10th of June. Several tasty day-tours from the ski area too http://www.kaunertaler-gletscher.at/en/skigebiet/skitouren

Pitztal closes on 6th May http://www.pitztaler-gletscher.at/en/skigebiet/skitouren

So hope to ski them both the weekend after next Toofy Grin and maybe bag the Wildspitze too
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Conditions are awesome for this time of year in Tux. Snowed all of last night and most of today with more snow forecast for the next two days. Entire glacier ski area is open and virtually no-one here (apart from BASI courses running) so relatively empty pistes and lots of off piste around. Would imagine conditions higher up will be great well into May...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obergurgl fully open. Brilliant conditions last week and further snow since, and forecast.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ischgl is open until May 1st. It currently still possible to ski to town on both sides of town.

April 30th they have there Top of the Mountain Closinig concert (Mariah Carey)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
Ischgl is open until May 1st. It currently still possible to ski to town on both sides of town.

April 30th they have there Top of the Mountain Closinig concert (Mariah Carey)

With day passes costing 95 Euro Shocked on that day, even if you don't want to see Mariah Carey!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

http://youtube.com/v/-5H-7epAJs0
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ Confirmation that musical taste is not a big characteristic of the Austrian skiing consumer
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
She's weird.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
she nearly managed to squeeze into that cat suit... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bob, Can I use her as an inflatable on the slopes?
snow report
I don't want to go to Austria any more. Sad
ski holidays
lynseyf wrote:
Well there's still tons of snow left so where is still open in Austria or Germany, 2-3 hours drive from Munich?

I believe Hintertuxer Glacier is still open.... open from April until October....
snow conditions
Just back from a cheeky 5 days free-heel skiing on the tiefenbach/rettenbach (now closed) ; pitztal (closed) ; >Kaunertal< (open till 10th June - then from September)

Kaunertal was great (well, they all were Blush ) with recent freshies - also bagged the WeißseeSpitze: doing the route in conditions much the same as in this vid

http://youtube.com/v/Rw0rWNcJRsM
ski holidays
I'm off to the Stubai glacier tomorrow - open until mid-June or maybe later I think. Snowing up there today and snow showers forecast for tomorrow then clearing later in the day. Monday is forecast to be clear and sunny but very cold all day, but I have to go to work instead Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy