Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board damage - is it terminal??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looked at my board and ..... Sad Sad Sad Sad .............there's a crack, hairline, in the middle of the down the heel side of the board going from almost the top of the board down the bottom edge (can't see it all though due to the bottom edge of the board obviously being covered by the edging strip) right in the middle of the back binding, any idea if it's terminal?? Puzzled

I've probably caused it from doing "wheelies" (sorry don't know the techincal speak - bending the front of the board up and sliding on the back) on my board all time time when going down to lifts or where it's flat and so this obviously causes quite a bit of stress on the board at that point........i guess it means it's now got a bit more flex NehNeh

I haven't noticed any lack of "performance" but just wondered if any one has seen anything like it before and is it terminal so an excuse to upgrade to a Ride Timeless Blush Toofy Grin

i'll see if i can sort out a photo and upload it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume you mean a crack in the sidewall? These CAN be bad, but not necessarily. Sometimes this kind of thing can be fixed by a shop, but sometimes not. If it's stll under warranty, they should give you a new one. If not, have a shop check it out, and if there's nothing they can do, just keep riding it till it dies snowHead This may be quite some time, or fairly soon, depending on how fast the crack gets bigger.
As for a next board, the Timeless might not be the best if you want to keep doing butters (the wheelies you were talking about.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep ride it till it dies, I did this with my first decent board, which had exactly the same problem. This gives you time to look out for a good deal on another board, if you find one it is worth buying ans keeping in backup until the other bites the dust. Or if you are really just looking for an excuse then buy the other board.

p.s. I like to think that I can butter just about any board Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cant you just borrow your mams tea tray instead ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy