Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere New Year advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. Although I've been to Val loads of times, we nearly always stay in an apartment as have teenagers with us, but this year we are going alone at New Year and are struggling with a decision on which hotel to stay in. We have been offered in rooms in the Brussels (incredibly convenient location, great restaurant, small-ish rooms), and Hotel Tsanteleina (slightly less convenient location, restaurant quality unknown, looks like bigger rooms).
I really like staying as close to the lifts as poss, so Brussels looks better, however we're not sure what the weather will be like at New Year in Val so if we have to spend less time on piste and more time in room Tsanteliena might be better.
Has anyone stayed in either, and offer comment/advice? Also any thoughts re new year weather at Val would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The weather in Val at New Year is likely to be variable, can be sunny, but also can be blizzarding with the possibility of skiing in poor visibility. It depends what sort of skier you are, but if you don't like skiing in flat light and when it's cold you may well end up spending quite a lot of time at the hotel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
so it'll be winter then Very Happy

Donna, I've stayed at both those, you've got it about right, the Brussels is very close to the lifts but the Tsanteleina is just fine as well. The Brussels may just be slightly quieter at new year with less revellers outside Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would say go for the Tsant with the bigger rooms. Why not try out Le Blizzard they do delicious food - bit rich sometimes and the rooms are very comfy. You don't have to have a room over the front which would be very noisey at New Year as "they" all gather in the Square by the Tourist Info.

Or you could always stay with the A listers in the new hotel Le Barmes de l'Ours - apparently Brad Pitt was there last New Year (but this was also supposed to be rumour). Eyes open for Angelina Jolie then this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy