Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report April Ski Touring in the Three Valleys domain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have three days to get some day tours in and around the Three Valleys. I need to get 6 logged tours in and am hoping to get three in this week as my last two trips I didnt manage to get any tours in due to Avalanche risk and poor weather. Arrival in Meribel and excitement builds as it is snowing and the weather report looks great with low temperature and low avi risk. Game on!!

Day One, get up early, make lunch and sort out all my touring equipment. Weather doesnt look great but i go out for a reccy to check out the tour route from the lifts to see if i can see what the snow is like. Get an hour into the tour and the weather doesnt clear so we bag it for the day.

Day 2, get up early, make lunch and sort out all my touring equipment. Get text from touring partner who wisely says lets wait till tomorrow when the forecast is better. Go for a free ski in VT and get lost in the fog.

Day 3, get up early, make lunch and sort out all my touring equipment. Send text to my touring partner, "see you next season". sit indoors write this post and contemplate drinking beer all day.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, Laughing Laughing but also Sad

This season March was touring time, April seems to be (wet) powder time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, Tomorrow will be a great day !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's odd:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83329&start=200#2029520
Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bugga !
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, the weather started to break around 11am but way too late to start the tour so I went up to Mount Vallon and bumped into fellow snowhead Simon_Bates. VT was great in the afternoon, with fab off pistes snow. I managed to tick off a couple little spots i always fancied..

Today was exactly the same, pea soup first thing and occasional breaks with fresh dusting of snow, had a good morning skiing with LivetoSki (who was slightly hungover) and who managed to fall over once on piste wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, aw, glad you had a bit of a nice time, even though intended mission not accomplished, by the sound of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, today started with poor visibilty, but got better as the day went on. Snow conditions very good for the time of year, and the mountain is empty
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch, yup very empty!! all those coming out next week will be in for a treat i recon... i would have given you a shout but i am going home early tomorrow...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, No worries, maybe we'll catch up next season... have a safe trip tomorrow
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, you should be familiar with that after last december wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett, well i was meant to be going a bit further afield than the December trip... snowing hard at 6am today... should be a good un if the vis ever clears
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It did clear, and it was a classic spring skiing day. A foot of powder on M, in Courchevel, at 10.30 am, and not a single track on it ... unbelieveable!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy