Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Ski Season - Fernie, Banff or Whistler?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yep hopefully. Probably working with the really young kids though, doing more day care then hoping to take my level 1 during a four day course in December. Looked at doing non-stop but just want to work and get experience. Will be a really good way to meet people though. I'll probably head over very late November. Have you got accommodation sorted? I'm quite nervous as know no one! Hopefully will book flights in the next week. Just waiting for a confirmation email from the ski school. I've settled on fernie (I think!) also had an offer from steamboat but getting a visa may be an issue. I'm not looking for anything wild like whistler's nightlife so I think fernie will be fine and we you can always take a trip or two to banff. Camilla
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cam90 wrote:
DannyB01,
I'm considering doing this season (12/13) at Fernie too, bit worried about the night life and slow lifts but everything else sounds good.

I didn't think there was any night life to worry about in Fernie. The season doesn't usually start that early. You can forget all else when it stops raining and you get waist deep powder.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi guys!! I know this thread is from ages ago so I hope someone replies.. I'm thinking about going to Fernie for a season instructing.. what's the work / free time balance you get to go on the mountain like (apart from teaching)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gazzy118 you are better off keeping questions in the thread you created rather than restarting really old threads (although you seem to have went from either Banff, Whistler, or big white to now fernie?). It's likely things have changed a lot since 2012. Like I said in the other thread if you want to maximise free time for snowboarding don't work on the hill.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy