Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whatever happened to Accroski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
....or 'Ski Ballet'

If it had been called "slopestyle" do you think it would have been more likely to survive? I see a lot of 'flatland' slopestyle tricks that aren't that dissimilar to those of Ski Ballet from the '80s.

Was Ski Ballet a victim of it's name?

Discuss Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Victim of its own infinite naffness. Figure skating with all the grace, style and elegance of....Max Wall!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I confess. I once had all the gear (inc obligatory fartbag but excluding the moustache and headband) and even went on a training course in L2A one summer early 80s. I could do all the twirly stuff and pole flips but its not a great way to get around frankly.

I think it started to die when they changed the name. People understood what ballet skiing meant but accro?

Anyway, this guy is good at it:

http://youtube.com/v/J-KV5yB-Ogw
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, are you sure it was wise to confess to having done that? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
I could do all the twirly stuff and pole flips but its not a great way to get around frankly.

Doesn't seem any worse than how I see many of the grommits skiing.. Grind a rail.. stop.. do a jump, stop.. ski a short bit switch and turn a couple of times.. stop... Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
M'lud, following the defence submission by Mr Swiller, the prosecution believes that is all the evidence required, and rests its case Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks better than some of the "Park Dudes" now.

Only thing they did wrong was use the wrong kind of crap music and they should have called it "Freestyle" ..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agenterre wrote:
Looks better than some of the "Park Dudes" now.

Only thing they did wrong was use the wrong kind of crap music and they should have called it "Freestyle" ..

That's exactly what I'm getting at.. Technically, it's a strong discipline.. It was the image that let it down.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GrahamN, and I have nothing further to add either, m'lud. wink

feef, in fairness, I don't think freestylers are aiming at a ballet-like aesthetic. And it's the quasi-balletic 'image' which makes these capers so deeply WRONG. Laughing I don't deny that they must be fiendishly difficult.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of the Val Thorens Pro Neige instructors (Alain I think...?) was a French champion at Ski Ballet!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought you meant this;

Embarassed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gates8888 wrote:
It has become a vistim to advancing times and the times demands. New moves and dancing styles have come in which couldnt be conveniently performed with it. Freestyle gives you more edge:)

Another doobie required?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Before having a pop I would have a go at some of the moves 140cm recc.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't care how technically demanding that is, it looks totally and utterly balls.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy