Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB snailmail and possible identity theft?

Poster: A snowHead
Kramer, The ball has now been placed firmly back in SCGB's court, right where it belongs. Good one.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is becoming surreal. Can they be that naive?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alan Craggs, I get the feeling that in many ways they are still naive when it comes to issues such as identity theft
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alan Craggs, Kramer, David Goldsmith, D G Orf,

Why did nobody bring this to anybodys attention last year when the packs came out as the same details were on it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You asking me? Well, firstly, it was Alan who blew the whistle, not I. Shrinking violets like me don't get involved in this sort of thing. I think I'd gone into early hibernation this time last year, anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I didn't realise until Alan brought our attention to it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It gets better. They've changed my password, but my post-code still works as a log-in. Unbelievable.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, Kramer,
I didnt realise either but I found last years pack today when cleaning out a cupboard and the details are the same.
Shows how observant we all are rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never open cupboards, Linds
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Darn, DG got there first, as usual Toofy Grin

Linds, I didn't notice it last year Confused

Kramer, that's the problem I flagged up earlier in the thread - what's the point of a password?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just checked mine - both password and postcode work !!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lampbus, mine too, although not for long as I'm not renewing the membership this year.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As it appears that you all have your membership packs WHAT THE EARTH ARE YOU LOT GOING ON ABOUT ?
If your pack had, say, been delivered to your next door neighbour, who is obviously a crook, then - unless he (or she) is a member of Ski Club it would seem highly unlikely that they would even think of looking at the Ski Club website -or know that there is a members only section.
I think that if I were you I'd move away from the crook living next door - and if not then NEVER use a wireless home network !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scrumpy, as long as you have mac addressing activated and WEP activated, aren't wireless networks reasonably secure?

You are assuming that the postal service is secure. wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And assuming that nobody lives in flats wink
latest report
I am assuming that, as I said "unless he (or she) is a member of Ski Club it would seem highly unlikely that they would even think of looking at the Ski Club website -or know that there is a members only section."
"
ski holidays
I'm not sure that you could rely on that. By all accounts these guys are pretty sophisticated. I know it's a bit paranoid, but then to be secure you have to be a little paranoid.
snow report
OK guys, just received the next issue of S&B, and guess what our 'discourteous, naive and buck-passing' club have done.....NO membership number on the outside. Are we all happy now Little Angel ?
snow conditions
GrahamN, Ah but ....is it encrypted in the printing? Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
GrahamN, I saw that as well! Just a shame they couldn't have given a more helpful response to those members that had contacted them about it with their concerns. But pleased they've taken it off.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, ...and written in invisible ink, psychoactively connected so it's visible only by those with criminally-oriented brainwave patterns NehNeh rolling eyes Laughing !
snow report
I have changed my details to include a fictitious d.o.b, phone no. and e-mail address.
snow report
Are you claiming to be younger or older?
latest report
GrahamN, nice to see that they have acted. Hope that doesn't upset all those members who asked for it to be on the labels...... wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy