Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloucester Slope for sale (again)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
roga wrote:
Nice one scubadancer, glad you enjoyed it - way cheaper than a dome eh!

... You're not wrong there Smile I'm hoping to try the new surface out at Christchurch (Snotrax) in the next month or so btw, they're now using the new pro-slope mat which I've not tried before.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have skiied on it and it is nice to ski on, but the lift they have there left my arms strained for a week afterwards!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scubadancer wrote:
... You're not wrong there Smile I'm hoping to try the new surface out at Christchurch (Snotrax) in the next month or so btw, they're now using the new pro-slope mat which I've not tried before.

Yes, I'd like to try that surface too, have heard good things about it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been there twice before and the lift is cr@p. That said, I'm looking forward to the supposedly enhanced pro-slope experience - as roga, says. I'm not a fan of Dendix: most unforgiving, & particularly so if your technique is as dodgy as mine wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was at Gloucester yesterday, really good. Did notice there were a few dry patches on the slope even after all that rain but otherwise great.
Lots of the boots looked quite new, I was really impressed.

The lift took a little getting used to (I was using the one on the freestyle slope), very jerky, lifts you off the ground!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RibenaRockstar, Welcome to snowHead as can be seen from previous posts in the thread, there seem to be big plans for Gloucester, let's hope a lift upgrade of some sort is in there somewhere...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the slope extension is now full steam ahead at Gloucester (there are diggers in and everything!) - I was chatting to the CEO the other day, and it SHOULD be finished by the end of the month (or rather, the 27th of October, for Kings round 1 - Uni league races).

To put this in context, they are now taking the race piste all the way up to the top of the hill, practically doubling the length of the slope (and naturally moving the ramps to the top too). The figure of 250m of race slope (and 25 gate races) was bandied around, I just hope they have room to stop! Although the netting at the bottom of the slope has been rigorously tested by some keen freshers from Bath Uni!

For the more freestyle oriented members, Gloucester now has a permanent airbag setup - wednesday evenings are the nights they have it set up on! Big things are afoot at Gloucester! If anyone is even remotely interested, then following the new slope on Facebook is a good shout - https://www.facebook.com/GloucesterSki?fref=ts There are also some pictures of the new slope build in progress!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jdowdall, 28 gates according to Mark in a discussion at Gloucester today Toofy Grin . And he was confident that the slope would be completed in time for the kings race - the dendix gang were working today and are now approx half was down from the top. Apparently kings have booked all the southwestern uni races at Gloucester this year: pretty sure Mark's hoping to make hefty profits at the bar as he won;t be allowing them to bring their own drinks.

(But the slope extension means there is a lot of mud around at the moment: the washing machine will be working overtime tomorrow.)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobW wrote:
jdowdall, 28 gates according to Mark in a discussion at Gloucester today Toofy Grin . And he was confident that the slope would be completed in time for the kings race - the dendix gang were working today and are now approx half way down from the top. Apparently kings have booked all the southwestern uni races at Gloucester this year: pretty sure Mark's hoping to make hefty profits at the bar as he won't be allowing them to bring their own drinks.

(But the slope extension means there is a lot of mud around at the moment: the washing machine will be working overtime tomorrow.)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobW wrote:
jdowdall, Apparently kings have booked all the southwestern uni races at Gloucester this year: pretty sure Mark's hoping to make hefty profits at the bar as he won;t be allowing them to bring their own drinks.

We have and I'm pretty sure they will Toofy Grin And we have 5 rounds this year instead of the old 4. Other options for Western league are Plymouth and Pembrey - both had some serious disadvantages so we're really pleased Gloucester have let us have races there again this year Very Happy Now if only the students can behave........
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, also they now do most excellent chips in the bar. 95p for a big cone. YUM.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very muddy up there at the weekend but all moving along nicely with most of the extended slope now covered, all seems to be on track for the end of the month ... can't wait! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, glad to here that work is progressing. Btw, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I did end up at Snotrax (Christchurh, Dorset) last weekend, see link below for info:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92094
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scubadancer, great stuff, have just read it and glad you enjoyed it.

As I said I must try that surface sometime and compare it to the new stuff at Gloucester which I'm told will run far better once they've got the new silicone sprinkling system going. Not sure that'll make any difference to how forgiving the Dendex is though!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just posted some photos from tonight of the new, now completed, slope extension at Gloucester here

It was fantastic fun skiing it, still grinning! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy