Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's La Rosiere like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be going skiing next Easter for a fortnight and am wondering what La Rosiere is like. Ideally, I'd like a quiet resort without alcoholics, thugs, projectile vomiters and the upper end of the English middle class. Would La Rosiere fit the bill? Also, what's the skiing like and, more pertinently, the off piste?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevin mcclean, You pretty much nailed the apres. Quiet but not uninteresting. The hill itself is a bit of a mixed bag, lots of inter-crossing blues and reds, it's only the link across to Italy that makes it a bit special, it gives you a very big mixed terrain to play on and you've got access to heliskiing at the french/Italian border. It's definitely worth a punt. I don't know if it would fill the pants of the more adventurous Snowhead (but they could nip over to Ste Foy without much expense) but I think that most of us would enjoy a week there without feeling gypped. If you're there for a fortnight then you may want some wheels to ensure that you can nip around the valley to expand your terrain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean,

I haven't ben there but I like what I've read about heli and off-piste options. It will be one for us to explore particuarly with the added attraction of St Foy being easy to get to. We will travel by car to do this I would think.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevin mcclean, La Rosiere is actually an ideal location to ski the Tarentaise valley, 30 minutes from Val d'Isere and Tignes, 30 minutes from Les Arcs, 20 minutes from Ste Foy, so you've got access to 1,600kms of terrain and the La Rsoiere lift pass is one of the best value in the alps which enables you to buy a day pass at other resorts at a preferential rate. There is much more to La Rosiere than interlinking blues and reds, there are some reasonably steep blacks and some interesting off-piste opportunities both in France and Italy. It's a very friendly resort, with enough shops, bars and restuarants to be interesting. I beleive because, it's not a fashionable resort we aren't overun by hoards of Home Counties Heros, unfortunately that does appear to be the fate of Ste Foy -' the next Val d' dahling' . If you want senisible infromation from someone who's skied there for more than a week, PM me. I will, direct you to our ad in snowShops or you can go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for more data, there is a fair bit of information in the resort reviews section.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevin mcclean, I am sure that you will get someone on giving you more details of the off piste. However our ski "hosts" when we went last easter were seasonaires and the reason they loved LR was because the off piste. If you know where to go you can find untracked powder days after it has all gone in the surrounding mega resorts. There were several very good restaurants in the village and several very acceptable ones. There is also a couple of great lunch stops in La Thuile. David@traxvax has given a couple of detailed reports and advice posts on LR which I found both very helpful and accurate. I am sure the title of your post will lure him into posting something for you.

I also heard superb reports on the Heliskiing, but only go if the conditions are very good. My mate is saving up to do it at half term. As Masque, says the more adventurous may feel that they have don whats on offer after 8-9 days. Personally I think this resort has much to offer those who have patience and dont just want to rack up the KMs and tick of each piste when done. If I .............. Phones went mad at work and I see David has already posted
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevin mcclean, We had an excellent week in La Rosiere last February, with Ski Olympic. There is a lot of info on the resort in here and some photos around in the media zone.

Val d'Isere it is not, we did not do much in the way of apres as it was only SP ( age 9 ) and I, but it looked to be very bar/restaurant orientated - not late night clubby.

The skiing was much better than we had hoped, but we did luck in on the conditions as it dumped for a couple of days on arrival. Nobody out for the first two days so we had untracked off-piste/on-piste especially on the black runs. Ventured over to La Thuille more than once, if you do lunch then the Rascard is the place to go. If you do thick hot chocolate, almost like a chocolate fondue, then fill your boots on the Italian side.

We are not going there this year, but will be back for sure.

Two weeks will give you time to venture elsewhere as well - so get back down to BSM and take the funicular up to Les Arcs or if you have transport drive over to Villaroger ( where we will be in late March ) and enjoy a great days skiing and some local atmosphere and good food at lunch time in La Ferme.

CP
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a great time there with Ski Esprit, though our chalet was filled with grown-ups. OUr place was just opposite the main chair lift, and just a few minutes from the bars and Le Chalet (a rather tidy restaurant).

I didn't make it to La Thuile (lost my wallet that day), but the rest of the area kept me entertained for a week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevin mcclean, We were in La Ros last January. Lucked out with the snow a bit but we're keen to go back when there is some (the best looking slopes were all rocks and grass)! For your requirements I think it'd be a pretty good fit; good skiing, Brit-lite and civilised apres and friendly locals.

And no post on La Rosiere would be complete without a mention of the view from David@traxvax's Dining Room - don't think there's a better view of the Aiguille Rouge (apart from when you're actually skiing it, obviously)! Food and welcome there are thoroughly recommended too...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You know winter has arrived when Kev comes out of hibernation !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
J2Dave, Sounds like a place to meet next year, hadn't realised you were a La Ros fan as well.

Cheers

CP
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Rosiere is a super little resort - but beware of the drive up the mountain... YIKES
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lagermeister, scary indeed, especially when crammed into a taxi. Even more scary going back down in a blizzard.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Try it in a TOs bus that's just broken its chains Shocked . . . the driver was superb and the ride back to the UK was very smooth Laughing (Ski Olympic)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kevin mcclean, Evolution2 recommended for tuition & especially their off-piste guiding. http://www.evolution2.com

As per J2Dave's comment, Traxvax also recommended.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

I go there quite often and it has some great off piste areas but you need to walk to find the best ones, walking out can be a problem at the bottom depending on weather conditions, but you always end up at a lift. Well mostly.

If you want to know more PM me. I will be there sometimes this winter but do not know when yet.

Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy