Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad habits...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
gatecrasher wrote:
- Of believing your coach when they say..."that looks much better!" when they actually mean..."well matey, I gave up on you years ago but you just keep coming back!" Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Laughing

Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GrahamN, yeah i liked that one as well (from both perspectives) Laughing how about a few others

Parent : Jonny has been in the same group for 2 years can he be "moved up" rolling eyes

Coach number 14 or 15 to me : you ski well but you could improve your X,Y and Z.. (i wish just once a W would come in to replace X,Y,Z after a couple years of trying to get rid of X,Y and Z) Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think skimottaret's list covers most things for recreational skiers. There's more I could add when thinking about racing and what is now being called core-form skiing but in the context of clinics for recreational skiers I'm not sure it would be helpful.

It's all about posture really, and the many ways that it's possible to get it wrong. I suppose on top of that I'd also add an element of dynamism - i.e. applying pressure and extension in the right ways - and this could also include "not being too tense/stiff/unrelaxed" that others have touched on.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
codyaitch wrote:
Not pole planting far enough forward - which probably leads to inadequate vertical movement.

I know I do it - I have seen the videos - but how to stop ?

Have a lot more coaching in the summer it’s helped me lots Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Glen Charman"]
codyaitch wrote:
Not pole planting far enough forward - which probably leads to inadequate vertical movement.

I know I do it - I have seen the videos - but how to stop ?

Shorter poles?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob, in my experience shorter poles tend to do more harm than good, correct size is best and then work on stance and timing, if anything i would go slightly longer to improve back seating, it helped me wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob,

Or taller dwarves
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How's about getting some demo skis and running a how different skis affect your style session??? Ie width, stiffness etc etc

Or one focused at people who bring their arms in before pole planting??

How to schuss without picking up itv??
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:

How to schuss without picking up itv??

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just skied with an instructor who was a bit of a stemmer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Getting timid and backseating in a whiteout - I recognise this is a defensive reaction but I really start skiing like an old woman rather than an average buffoon.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i hear that... spent two days in the fog and slush and have very sore quads today Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:
and have very sore quads today Embarassed Embarassed

I get that every day . . . but then I spend every day on tele rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
and have very sore quads today Embarassed Embarassed

I get that every day . . . but then I spend every day on tele rolling eyes

You must be the one they're watching on ITV wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, loving it!! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy