Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cartels,missions or k2 formulas???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey fellow snowheads,i need your help please,just got myself a 2011 k2 turbo dream and im looking to get new bindings for it,i just cant choose between the three which it says in the title,i am an intermediate and just love cruising round the pistes,no real interest in hitting the park,as i get better i might venture of piste but again im mostly just piste bashing,is it worth while going for the cartels or would someone like me not notice the difference between that and the mission or should i go for the formulas and keep everything k2???any info would be greatly appreciated.........thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive got a pair of Cartels and they are sweet! Loads of adjustment and dead comfy. I dont know much about the other binds but I would recommend the cartels. Just back from whistler where there was loads of pow and then ace groomers. Not sure if that helps. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the info doylep,must reviews on the cartels are very positive,i know they are a level above the missions,i just dont know if a boarder of my ability would notice the difference between the two...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had missions all last season, and cartels all this season. I thought the missions were fine last year but really enjoyed my setup this year. But as I don't have the same board as last season it's difficult to compare directly. Out of those two, I'd say that you should go with bindings that suit your budget more, they're both good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been using Missions for a while now, perfectly happy with them. They tend to ape the previous years Cartels pretty closely. A mate of mine changed from old Atomic bindings to Burton Missions this year and really noticed the difference, to the point he just gave his old bindings away to me for my park board, he said he'll never go back.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hey peeps,went for the new cartel reflex bindings,now only nine months to wait til they get put through there paces boooooo
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got Missions from a couple of years ago (i.e non ICS compatible, old fashioned screws and holes). They're a bit flimsy to be honest and the ratchet on the toe strap is horrible - it always begins to slip one or two notches away from where I want it, and getting that last click or two is quite hard work.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tman80, I went for new cartels too although they are still sat in the box!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have old Cartels (2006ish) ,and would buy again.A friend had some 2011 spec,the new highback is a big improvement & seem lighter than mine,would like some but other kit needs replacing more urgently.
So maybe you can help,i'l looking at the Turbo Dream myself,have you or anybody ridden this seasons? Found a few on Fleabay & tempted.Though the Slayblade is another deck i'm not sure of either.
Any reviews or advice,would be nice.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Right now im tossing up between K2 Company and Burton Cartel. Anyone had any experience with this years K2 Company bindings?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i went for the 2011 model as i got a great deal with it,it has the harshmellow that the 2012 model has but as of yet i havent tried it out yet to give you any advice,all reviews i seen on youtube of it seem very good which in the end swayed my to buy it,i read somewhere that the turbo dream is a more mellow version of the slayblade....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I want Mellow,my legs aren't what they used to be,neithers hammering down slopes at ridiculous speeds!Though speed & control are still required for the GPS Challenge on non powder days!
The more i look at reviews,the Turbo Dream still looks favourite.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy