Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Girl collides into Austrian chalet

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/04/03/british-girl-in-intensive-care-after-austrian-ski-accident/?ncid=webmail6

luckily she is getting better. Could have been far nastier by the sounds of it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarcely credible - ban these dangerous mountain huts now, won't anyone think of the children?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Must've french fried when she should have pizza'd.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Christ, I'm amazed she survived..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She wouldn't have crashed if she was wearing a helme... Oh wait...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucky the owner wasn't home, he'd of had her in the basement raising a family by now. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wins.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman, Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look at the comments: "irresponsible parents letting a 9-year-old child on a black run".
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
James the Last wrote:
Look at the comments: "irresponsible parents letting a 9-year-old child on a black run".

Just shows how irresponsible it is to allow people who have no knowledge of a topic make comments on it!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hope the little girl gets better. Some interesting user comments in that article, I'll take their advise and make sure I always take the off piste option when skiing with the little ones, bloody piste with all those huts and people, very dangerous places or maybe we should keep the kids at home in front of the TV watching patronising parenting programmes? Personally I get most my parenting tips from the fat yellow one, Homer, doh!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Love the comments... wtf is parentdish? thing is...most 9 year olds I know are far more capable at handling these runs than their parents! Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
awslimited said "There´s no substitute for a good helmet"..........is he another one of jb1970s socks wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad ski accident... but IMO the journalism is much more shocking!

Quote:
"crashing out of control on the run."

That firms up a few things... 'cos I certainly crash in control...

Quote:
She reportedly

+
Quote:
on what was believed to be the second day of their week-long holiday

I'm glad the reporter is really confident of the sources!

Quote:
A helicopter rushed to the scene
... that was lucky as most emergency helicopters just amble to a scene...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Seriously though she was probably very lucky there was a window + 5mtrs slowing down time! Hope she fully recovers with little memory of the incident!
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Lucky the owner wasn't home, he'd of had her in the basement raising a family by now. wink

Unless he restricts himself to brown runs.
snow report
Alright - perhaps I'm oversensitive because I have a 7 year old daughter but is this really the right place for a couple of the jokes that have appeared in this thread? I'm not arguing that jokes of dubious taste aren't funny or that poeple shouldnt make them - just is this board the right place?
I'd say no.
Cheers,

J
ski holidays
More news here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124823/India-Furness-First-picture-British-girl-9-injured-Austria-ski-accident.html

Quote:

She is in the paediatric intensive care unit of the Innsbruck University Hospital, Austria, where doctors say she has severe injuries but her life is no longer in danger and she should recover.

Thoughts to the family. Sounds like she was incredibly lucky to have hit the window and not the wall Shocked
snow conditions
jedster wrote:
Alright - perhaps I'm oversensitive because I have a 7 year old daughter ...............

Don't worry yourself, you are definately being oversensitive wink
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, I am definItely over-sensitive to the mis-spelling of this word. I'm just saying...also because, IIRC, you're a solicitor and therefore should know how to spell.

Sorry Embarassed This has been boiling up for a lo-o-ooong time, you just happened to be in the firing line when the gun went off. Embarassed
latest report
Pedantica, did you miss this?

Quote:

he'd of had her in the basement

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Alright - perhaps I'm oversensitive because I have a 7 year old daughter but is this really the right place for a couple of the jokes that have appeared in this thread? I'm not arguing that jokes of dubious taste aren't funny or that poeple shouldnt make them - just is this board the right place?

I'd say no.

Cheers,

+1
snow report
jonm, no I didn't miss it and I do try hard not to make comments on poor spelling and grammar. Mostly I can control myself, but for some reason this 'definate' thing has really been needling me. And it's true that I only turned on poor old Mosha Marc because I believe he's a solicitor, so he ought to be as stupidly pedantic as I am.

I feel terrible now. Embarassed
ski holidays
jedster, I have 11 and 5 year old girls and I know exactly where you are coming from - but after years on this forum I have come to take many jokes for what they are...jokes. Some make me laugh and other dont and some make me down right livid. We're all different.

Im sure we all hope the girl makes a speedy recovery.
ski holidays
Safety net!!!! I wish people would stop saying or thinking that a a bit of plastic netting hung from a stick that's been pushed a few inches into the snow is a SAFETY NET! It's just a visual warning and wouldn't arrest a thrown cat.
snow conditions
Pedantica, water of a ducks back, no worries.

I am a solicitor; so I employ people to do my spelling for me wink

And dislecksik Embarassed
snow report
Mosha Marc, I'm sorry, I really am. Shouldn't have gone there. Must try MUCH harder not to live up to my name. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Quote:

Pedantica, water of a ducks back, no worries.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

after years on this forum

Shimmy Alcott, indeed your kids are 16 and 10 now, pay attention!!!
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:

Does that mean you agree that 9yr old kids should not be able to ski black runs?
latest report
homers double, No they shouldn't - they just make me look bad Embarassed
snow report
Masque, is quite right... that netting in the piccy is not safety netting and is not designed to stop people. Eyes are supposed to do that.
snow report

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
Oh for the powers of x-ray vision
snow conditions
Pedantica, did you also miss British Girl Collides INTO Austrian Chalet? Surely this is wrong? Wouldn't 'collides with' or 'crashes into' make more sense?

Does poor spelling and grammar matter that much, if you can understand what is meant?

Poor punctuation, of course, is a different matter Smile
latest report
Spyderman wrote:

Epic! Looks like I'm not only one making this kind of jokes about Austrians afterall Very Happy
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:

ROFLMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing funniest thing I've read on here in ages Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Fair enough - I'm in the minority. I've never really thought of this place as a particularly "adult" board but perhaps it is. Personally I don't get offended easily (and am not offended by the jokes) I'd just rather not have my kids read jokes about children being abducted to be sex slaves...
Also wonder how the parents of that child might feel if they read this thread...

Any way, I'll shut up.
snow conditions
jedster, A tricky one, especially with kids BUT I would show my bum in Fenwicks window if a single poster here did not wish then all the best.
latest report
jedster, Nobody minds you being offended. Theres discussions all over tinterweb about boundaries of taste including extensively in apres here. No-one seriously finds it funny that the girl was hurt but the poor reporting on the original website linked is a worthy target. I think everyone who gets on the internet or in the news either by design or accident has to accept that complete strangers will make jokes or derogatory comments somewhere in the world and the internet means they can find them if they go looking for them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy