Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Season Hints and Tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm graduating university this summer and I really don't want to get a proper job just yet!! So I am thinking about doing a season in 12/13.

Has anyone got any hints and tips for how to go about getting a job, what job to get, accommodation etc.

Any help very useful

Thanks,

Phil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably best to look here http://www.natives.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

good luck.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You will work incredibly hard and be paid incredibly little but you will have a wonderful time. What you do and where is much of a muchness imho - good luck, sequoiaboard, is right with his directions to Natives.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
Transfer driving is easy and better paid than most (almost minimum wage) and you get 3 or 4 days off to ski.
You have to find/pay your own accommodation and ski pass, but season passes and season accommodation are pretty cheap.

I wouldn't work as a driver for a chalet/Tour operator though as you will be general dogs body doing all the crap jobs when you aren't driving.

Evening bar work is good if you want the whole day to ski.

Some chalet jobs give you a lot of time to ski during the day but it varies and some don't.

If you can cook toast then you could get a chef job.

As already mentioned Natives is a good place to start, also check web sites for the resort(s) you want to work in and email or call companies direct.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had looked at driving jobs, however is there conditions to be one? i.e having driven abroad or a minibus? have a minimum age/years with a licence?

Also can you recommend any transfer companies within the alps? I have no preference of where abouts as long as high enough for easter skiing and a good night life

Thanks for the advice it is appreciated.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
philmill05, For maximum hill time other than bar work look at kitchen porter/night porter. Night porter = first lifts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Learn a language at least basics !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philmill05, my fiance works for Skiidy Gonzales, last year they had over 400 applications for 40 driving jobs from what I have heard.
Having experience of driving abroad and driving a minibus is very helpful, most transfer companies require you to be over 23 and prefer if you're over 25.

If you are doing it full time it smashes your mountain time out the window (working 5 out of 7 days)- chalet work gives you more time on the hill.

Mr NN loves it (he does Sat/Sun) and we have had a great season and he has enjoyed working for them
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy