Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss dongle

Poster: A snowHead
Posted this elsewhere and no luck so trying for an answer here.

Off to Nendaz on Friday , my son has some study to do and will need a bit of internet access of an evening is it easy to get a dongle in Switzerland like in UK for accessing the net from a lap top and if so where is the best place to get one?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In hotels they have wifi (90% of the time), and if you are staying elsewhere: Go to the clostest hotel and ask for their wifi code. Not free of course but often you can get it, even when not staying there! If you are lucky and close enough you even have access from your apartment. Very often they also provide hotspots where you pay per VISA.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am not sure that you would be able to pick up a dongle on a temporary basis for Switzerland. I have Swisscom (using it now on the train) but its on a long-term contract. The alternative is to use a wifi hotspot, either for free or pay for access. You may be able to pick up a signal from your accommodation but of course you wont know until you arrive, although you could check on google maps etc to see if there is a hotel or restaurant etc next door then check their website to see if they offer wifi (I am assuming nothing is provided where you are staying). I have negotiated access to hotel wifi before even though I wasnt a guest, although not in Switzerland.

Free wifi: http://www.nendaz.ch/tourism/free-wifi.html

Swisscom public wireless: http://www.swisscom.ch/res/internet/pwlan/index.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar, We bought one for France in the local Bourges shop. We can just recharge it when ever we need it. But I'm not sure how Switzerland works
snow report
 cran
cran
Find somewhere with WiFi will probably be the easiest.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar, It seems that Swisscom do PAYG cards for data as well as voice and all you need to do is show your passport to buy them. Seems fairly reasonably priced according to this thread.
Probably worthwhile going into a swisscom shop and asking when you are there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
free wifi in the cantina above the skischool. No worries.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SkiRider wrote:
Ok, so every ski school in Switzerland has a Cantina with free WiFi above it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T Bar,

I have never been to Switzerland, so I'm not sure about this.

I wanted to buy one in Austria, however I couldn't find out much about it from home. So I took a chance that I could find something in resort. This was quite easy as the post office had several choices.

I should imagine the same would apply in Switzerland. Try in resort (if a large resort) or in a large town/city during your travel.

Good luck.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all who replied it looks like you can get a dongle from swiss com, I rang them and they think they are available form the post office at the airport which I am hoping is open tomorrow. just over chF7/ day for unlimited data.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
or try Sunrise: they also have lots of shops around.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good Friday tomorrow; almost everything will be closed, including the post office unfortunately
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steilhang wrote:
SkiRider wrote:

No, but the ski school in Nendaz with the restaurant called the Cantina above it does smart back bottom.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FreeBeer wrote:
Good Friday tomorrow; almost everything will be closed, including the post office unfortunately

I was wondering about that the woman on the phone seemed to think they would be open but I had my doubts.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SkiRider wrote:
Steilhang wrote:
SkiRider wrote:

No, but the ski school in Nendaz with the restaurant called the Cantina above it does smart back bottom.
Musta missed the blindingly obvious. Sorry bout that.
snow report
Airport post office closed but Swisscom shop open in Sion. Up and working
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy