Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childcare options in Alp d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Alpe d'huez next February and are looking into options for our son. He will be 2 1/2 when we go. Ideally we'd like him to be busy for half a day so we can ski, then spend the afternoon as a family. So far the options I've seen are:

LES INTREPIDES - MUNICIPAL CRECHE AND DROP-IN CENTRE, a safe option, but not much of a holiday experience.

Village Les Éterlous, run by ESF, can't find out much about it. EFS told me to contact them again in the autum. Sounds good but worried he'll hate it.

Snow angels, nannies but expensive and will only do full days.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these, or any other options. We're staying in l'eclose.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody? Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both my girls started at three with ESF. There were general early morning grumbles but they were always smiling from ear to ear on pick up - this was in the ski kindergarten though. I wouldnt discount the municipal creche - if your son is going to be in childcare only for the morning then he has loads of hours left in the day for the fun mountain holiday experience.

I have no idea why the ESF websites lack information - they are so behind with the times!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're flying out to Alpe d'Huez with Crystal on Saturday and have my 8 year old son booked into Crystal's Whizz Kids. I will report back ...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy was it an indoor kindergarten with access to outdoors, or were they outdoors for the full session? Was it the ESF one based in les bergers in ADH?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nixtoo, Gosh - trying to remember what facilities we have used where. My youngest went twice Ad'H pre ski age but both times went with the TO run creche/nursery. They were both indoors. You had to take outdoor gear and suncream as they did go for walks and to play in the snow. My oldest was just in the normal ESF ski school by that age. The ESF kindergartens I have used (Belle Plagne and Courchevel 1850) both had indoor and outdoor facilities. I assume you are going DIY?

Hopefully someone with more specific help will be along soon Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent thanks, yes we're driving and renting through interhome. First time having little one I tow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nixtoo, I know it's hard trying to figure out what's best. It's hard to leave your little one with strangers; but I have never had an issue or a problem with any childcare provider for my ski hols. At two and a half your child will love the play element of any provider - be that indoors or not. As you are going to have the afternoon together as a family then I wouldn't put too much importance on your son getting the outdoor experience by the childcare provider. Will your son have had experience of a nursery environment before he goes?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My report from AdH with Crystal can be found here. I found them to be excellent and my 8 year old loved it.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2027523#2027523
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am also going in Feb 2013, with the full set...Husband, 4 year old and a 2 year old.
Im looking to put the 4 year old into ski school for the mornings and then get him into a nursery set up for the afternoon... with the 2 year old being in a Nursery all day...

Does anyone know of a private nany service other than Snow angels as ive been quoted £700 for 6 days including pick up and drop off to ski-school for the 4 yr old..

Is this a good price?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The new set up at esf looks good, the nursery takes children from 2 1/2 and they can do a combination of ski and nursery all on the same site. Less than £100 for 6 mornings in nursery.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nixtoo, I found that sending them off with a little chocolate bar in their pocket also helped Toofy Grin fun size mars etc its very welcome after they've had a little mess about in the snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy