Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing far northern Norway: photos just in

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Powder magazine has just posted these four ski photos from the far northern Lyngen Alps, 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle and about 30 miles east of Tromso.

The slopes reach about 1800m - these shots by Steinar Fagerli and Tor Inge Birkenes were taken at about 900m. In the background of the 3rd and 4th pics is the Lyngen Fjord.

If those appeal, here are ten more from Finnish photographer Jef Maion, taken 3 months ago.

The location of the Lyngen Alps is shown on this map, targeted to skiers wanting to explore that area by boat. Details: http://www.arctic-destination.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The second pic shows new Norwegian technique - narrow stance at the tails, wide at the front. Will that satisfy the wide/narrow debate?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nice... wouldn't mind satying in the log cabin!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tell you, it is utter magic up there in the Arctic Circle. I've only been once and the combination of the bleakness of the wilderness - totally unlike the Alps - and the mountains falling right down to sea level, is stunning.

The idea of skiing by boat looks pretty wild too!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Class wipe out shot. Looks like a very soft landing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy