Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee Tendon Severed - Repair time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst skiing in Val Thorens last week, I fell whilst skiing on my brand new, been used for 3 hours, K2 Rictors. I did not realise how sharp the edges were! I tried to put my ski back on and stood up after the crash, thinking I had just banged my knee. It was only after I lifted up my salopettes I noticed an inch deep gash that was 15cm long across my knee cap.

After waiting at the med centre in VT, I was told I would need to go to Moutiers to have the cut repaired as it was too deep to stitch. After my op, my surgeon informed me that I had completely severed the tendon in my knee and he has had to wire it together, which will be taken out again in 2.5 months time in another op.

Obviously I am feeling rather down about this, firstly thinking it was a slight gash in my knee to learning it was so severe. I would just like to ask some advice, has anyone had any similar injuries? And is there a chance I will ski again next season? My aim is to work hard on my Physiotherapy and ideally be skiing for January next season. Does this seem unrealistic? Im 20 years old, generally very fit and play a lot of sport, so am hoping I will heal quickly.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smithy05, I would expect you to be skiing again next season. Do exactly what the physios tell you to do.
Is the tendon that is severed the one above or below the knee-cap?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its the tendon directly below the kneecap. Fingers crossed for next season!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy