Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I have just seen one of the most stupid things on piste

Poster: A snowHead
Skiing up on Zauchensee, it is 11am, and it is rammed, on the red run by the old 2er chair lift, just under a ridge, a bunch of about 20 people had placed their ski poles in the snow, in the middle of the piste, to make a slalom track for their group of kids, about 8-10 years old. I almost skied into it , and thought I would tell them just how dangerous and stupid it was, and if they went over to the permanant race track, for 1€, their kids could safely race through a netted off gated run, and get their times too. I was given a load of verbal for my concern, and so I left them to it.
On my next run, I saw the group, 2 kids being taken down on the back of a ski-do, obviously injured, and an adult laid out at the side, skis crossed in the snow, obviously also badly hurt.

What is wrong with some people?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

and it is rammed

Quote:

just under a ridge

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

There is a time and a place and that was neither.

You did your bit kooky, but some folks were born ignorant.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, seriously, I just felt really sorry for the kids, it looked nasty Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kooky wrote:

What is wrong with some people?

They are on holiday so entitled to act like morans. Other examples - standing laterally across the entrance to otherwise empty lift mazes, using snowblades in deep rained on snow (bye bye ACL) etc etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had to take some major avoiding action to dodge 4 skiers who'd decided the best place to stop line abreast was across the red boardercross course in La Plagne, on the other side of a blind crest. I may have let my opinions known colourfully. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Credit to kooky, for trying
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kooky wrote:

I feel sorry for the staff of the SnoZone MK, they once saw one of the most stupid things on their piste:

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kooky, at least you tried. You get so many stupid people in ski resorts, I can see why many snowHeads prefer off-piste.

Sideshow_Bob, Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
kooky wrote:

I feel sorry for the staff of the SnoZone MK, they once saw one of the most stupid things on their piste:

she's actually pretty smart - made a lot more money than most.......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks pretty foxy there too.

Something about women on skis/boards makes them seem about 50% fitter.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I had to take some major avoiding action to dodge 4 skiers who'd decided the best place to stop line abreast was across the red boardercross course in La Plagne, on the other side of a blind crest. I may have let my opinions known colourfully. rolling eyes

Snap. In Les Arcs in January.

Came steaming round a corner over a crest to find 2 women standing in the Boarder Cross track chatting. I managed to avoid them only by skiing off the side and crashing in a big heap. As I got up, I explained that it was a ridiculous place to stand and could have caused an accident ... their answer "it's not our fault you were going too fast to stop".

2 hours later, I'm stood at the side of the piste chatting to my friend when I see one of the women snowploughing right at me. She skis right over one of my skis, clatters me with her pole and shouts "what a ridiculous place to stand, you could have caused an accident" as she snowploughed off down the piste.

The red mist descended and I almost Roy Keaned after her.... but managed to resist.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ yes they were standing in a stupid place, but that's why it's wise to slow down when you get to a crest...same as slowing down on a blind bend in a car.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Piccadilly wrote:
^ yes they were standing in a stupid place, but that's why it's wise to slow down when you get to a crest...same as slowing down on a blind bend in a car.

Yes, and I did slow down (my ability level decrees i have to slow down on sharp corners as much as my common sense does).

However, I'd have had to virtually come to a stop in order to have been able to gently ski round them whilst complimenting them on their choice of chatting spot.

Don't think i have ever seen anyone on a boarder cross (or in a car on a blind bend) coming to a virtual standstill just incase some in stood in the middle of the track having a chat!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
magic_hat, Think I'd have gone for the Alex Ferguson caught her up and given her the full hairdrier treatment.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stupidest thing I've ever seen on piste is a piste basher destroying perfectly good powder, the second most stupid thing is the mono-ski.

kooky, The race track on Zauch is free! In a few days it will be snowing so the off piste will be the place to be. Radders was very quiet today as was Stoderzinken yesterday. Will be trying my luck around Schladming tomorrow if you fancy meeting up?
latest report
waynos, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Would love to, but I have promised daughter a day of retail therapy rolling eyes Hope you are still up for the moonlight skitour Saturday night?
snow report
kooky, I'm planning on moonlight tour, hoping to get training run in soon but feeling a tad under the weather at the moment. Latest forecast is saying snow for Sat night, so once again no moonshine.
snow report
waynos, well, we will have the beer, music and the long ski down, who needs the moonlight wink
latest report
kooky, and PRIZES
snow report
waynos, yep Madeye-Smiley Really do hope I don´t win a 5 foot tall Teddy bear like that guy last year, remember, what you win you have to ski down in the dark with Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
^^sorry about the thread drift, but that was kinda appropriate Laughing
latest report
In peak week in februaury I saw an adult 'instructor' making a slalom track out of his own pupils!... that one looked fun!!
ski holidays
I've laid out a slalom track at my local resort, the ESF asked me if they could use it for their kids !

Still it is a local resort, for local people.
snow report
kooky wrote:
^^sorry about the thread drift, but that was kinda appropriate Laughing

What's inappropriate about skiing down a piste with a giant teddy bear when the thread is titled "I have just seen one of the most stupid things on piste" ?
ski holidays
flangesax, my kids have often done that at their group ski schools - they line up the pupils and the top one slaloms around the others and then takes their place at the end of the end and then the new one at the top does it and takes the bottom position - repeat as required.

Mine are also keen on a group of three linked by their ski poles where they kind of rotate slingshot style down the piste each one at the top leading the rest of the 'string' around the others. Remember kooky, ? Laughing
snow report
Megamum, yes, but it was an empty piste .Slightly different from sticking 40 ski poles down the middle of a narrow piste, at peak time , peak season in a blind spot when the resort was heaving, wouldn´t you say?
snow conditions
kooky, What if you came over a crest to see a line of 5 foot teddy bears making a slalom course? Not quite as stupid as the original gang.. at least teddy bears are soft Laughing
ski holidays
Scarpa,

I think I'd stop taking those dodgy pills
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, yes, it was a very empty piste, we were in full view and def. to one side of what was a very wide piste at that point - def. a sensible place to try something a bit on the daft side.

40 odd ski poles dug in is a fair obstacle even in the 'right' place, let alone somewhere completely unsuitable.
snow report
I saw someone last week ski onto the track of the T bar, just in front of their friends coming up, obviously trying to block them. The girls on the T bar shoved the girl blocking them away, but one of them came off the bar in the process and fell. The shoved girl also fell, and in the process caused the people behind her to also fall off. It dominoed from there, and I was just glad I was on the parallel lift.
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
flangesax, my kids have often done that at their group ski schools - they line up the pupils and the top one slaloms around the others and then takes their place at the end of the end and then the new one at the top does it and takes the bottom position - repeat as required.

Mine are also keen on a group of three linked by their ski poles where they kind of rotate slingshot style down the piste each one at the top leading the rest of the 'string' around the others. Remember kooky, ? Laughing

aka human slalom and twirly birds.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy