Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head GTO......Anyone used them

Poster: A snowHead
Just browsing cos i have no life and I came across Head GTO skis and havent' heard too much about them but I love the look of them (they are way above my ability and bank account) they look cool but I am struggling to find any reviews on them......what are they and are they any good? and can anyone point me in the direction of a review for them?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidhammy, They were clocked being skied at 77 mph at the industry ski test this year. They're based on WC SG skis with the metal taken out.
I fancy the GTO Top Gun model myself. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
77mph.......do they come with an engine? I am seriosuly impressed with skis that go close to 80mph but this only confirms that I will never be able to use them!

I have found Youtube vids on them but still no luck on any reviews on the net, have you seen any around?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidhammy, HEAD market them for RMO (Real Men Only) Laughing

I think they're a bit of a beast, the GTO Top Gun model for 2013 looks to be a bit more usable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GTO's are a great ski. A little unwieldy to start with but extremely stable and surprisingly easy to turn.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Philbo, Have you tried the Top Gun version?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a puppy dog, I thought it was gonna be more of a beast than it was! it has to be bought in the 201cm though. not an everyday ski but if you have an empty piste its a hoot.

and 77 ain't that quick! I'm disipointed in my fellow ski testers!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
77mph not that quick? My Lord, how fast do you ski? I am laughing at the new name - Top Gun, all leather jackets and Old Spice......they had better come with a medalion or I'm owt
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
haha its bloody quick... although i managed 72 out of a pair of bent chetlers so thought someone woulda managed 80 out of them beasts!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget though that the size of your gonads is directly proportional to the square of the speed. So you'd need 149 times bigger balls to go from 72 to 77 mph Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, I'm not understanding this—and I have to—because I wanna buy either one of these xRMO skis as groomers for next season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, i don't think SG skis have 17m radii !

The ones in my garage certainly don't.

An interesting idea though, these GTOs, would love a shot on them!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done a couple of pistes on the first editions in the 2011 tests, found them a bit scary tbh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've toyed with buying a pair of these for a few seasons now!! Was sensible and bought some magnums instead!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I looked at them too. But in the end went for a bit more girth underfoot. I think they look really nice, nearly as good as the Vist piste carver things.
latest report
This thread is pretty old (I started it 18 months ago) but I just bought these for £159 in the 200cm length.......I have been tracking them online for a while and they have always been too expensive but Snowcore have them on special so I just couldn't resist!!

I just need to get some bindings sorted out so anyone with any half decent bindings, get in touch.

Cool
latest report
Have you used the Head gto's yet?
I'm hoping to do the inferno next year and was thinking they might be a good choice for that rather than going for a long gs or super g race ski which may be too stiff and awkward for anything but the flat out sections.
How do they compare to a 175 ish gs ski?
Are they super stable at speed?
Do they oversteer at speed with the 17m radius?
snow report
Alan p price, If someone can do 77 mph on then I'd say they must be pretty stable at speed wouldn't you?

You'll only find old stock of the GTO now as it's been deleted from the HEAD range with no direct replacement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy