Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race Camp for a 10 yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im hoping for some sensible answers and some help. Ideally we would like our 10yr old to attend one of the 'indoor' race camps this summer, but we could do with some advice. So without starting an all out war who's best to go with??????
sensible recommendations please.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iskar, where are you based?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
based in Bristol, but realise we will have to travel/look for some overnight(s) accomodation
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
iskar,you could pm philbo on here, he runs Impulse racing based in Hemel http://www.impulse-racing.co.uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iskar, Try Slalom Plus (google to find more info) They are based at Glouster ski center which i think is near you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iskar, If your interested in Ski Cross at all drop me a line, the Swiss Coop Series has just run the Kid's Tour that started this season. We'll be hitting a snow dome this summer to practise starts and rollers.

Hopefully making a small team to head to a couple of races during next season.

http://youtube.com/v/cjjy7p2-HvU
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chill Factore run their own camps, and Dragons Alpine also run camps at Chill Factore. You'll also find camps there run by Ambition Racing. We've used all 3 at various times for our 10 year old. In general I'd say that the skiers on the Dragons/Ambition camps probobably on average had more experience, but there's quite a lot of overlap - both in skiers and coaches. Am a bit pushed for time right now - but I'll add links later.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chiil Factore - though their site doesn't make it easy to work out when the camps are (usually in school holidays)
Ambition
Dragons
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
An outdoor camp will be cheaper and probably more productive for a 10 year old. I am not sure there is much to choose between them, but depending on previous experience, take a look at ambition and ask at gloucester for others. Anything with Olly Robinson or Jimmy Greenwood, or the Tellings. For a bit of celebrity and also still good, the Martin Bell camps in Southampton. Or, the BSA camp at Norwich. In practice, I think it is difficult to go wrong.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks all, one of the ;residential camps' at Chilly is lookinf fav at the moment
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
iskar, ambition are very good http://www.ambitionracing.co.uk/camps.asp
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Evolution also doing a Chill Factore camp in August, to add to the options.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We at Impulse Racing are running several camps which will work for your 10 year old. our first is this week (short notice, I know). With other camps running on the following dates, some with the support of Head skis.

18-19 July
13-15 August
20-22 August

All of these are at Hemel but we are planning one in the south west, dates to be announced.

We'll be running with small athlete/coach ratios (usually 6:1) and all coaches are internationally qualified, most have raced or coached at national team level.

We've been running for over four years and I have been running camps for 20 with 2 years as head coach for the British children's ski team.

PM me for further info. or have a look at our website. bookings can be made online.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy