Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Challenge...(For Manda?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When I was a callow youth as opposed to a cynical and childish adult, there was a challenge amongst saisonniers in the PDS. I aluded to this in Manda's resort selection thread.

The "normal" circuit is a decent tour for blue and red run skiers, from Morzine round the PDS and back again. There was a slightly more challenging route...

Starting wherever get round the PDS including the north slope of Mont Cheri, descending to Champery via the Grand Paradis and looking over Lac Leman from the bumps run on teh far side of Torgon.

Obviously to get round all these in one day without an expensive taxi shuttle back from wherever one got stuck.

Never got round to doing it.

Anyone done so? Any other similar daytrips out there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Tignes/Val d'Isere there is the challenge to ski all the black runs in the resort in one day, it's absolutely exhausting, and quite hard to do.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, It's a POP , with local in tow we did it last year ...exception was ``````Torgon, which we didn't do. Absolutey stupid at my level as there was no enjoyment involved, more a case of doing it. Each resort worth more than that . Our directions came from peeps here .. PLUS Pleney - Super Morzine-Avoriaz is very time consuming ( no skiing / green runs).

All IMHO ...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we were in Saalbach in January we set ourselves the challenge of doing every red & black in a day. That's 110km of slopes if you look at the piste map, but we made it slightly easier by saying we didn't need to do every branch of every slope, and if there was a red and black with the same number we only needed to do the black. Was hard work. Took us 7 hours without ever stopping (other than toilet breaks). GPS recorded 105km (which includes lifts, but not the gondolas which were most of the lifts as we lost the satellites).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Due to a FU with the heli being late we had to race around the Monterosa in just over 4 and a half hrs. Got picked up at the Guglielmina hut and dumped on the Col de Lyksamm and had to race down to Zermatt and up and over to Champoluc for the last lift at 16:30 which they delayed for few minutes. By this time we had caught up other parties so there were about 20 of us plus guides all trying to make lift connections They say the route is 65k and we had no time at all to stop, just a chocy and drinks drink break. It probably marred a blinding day just a bit in that I would have preferred a more leisurely outing to take in the scenery more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT, yes that does sound like a very busy 4.5 hours!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith,

Yes, but we caught the Swedes and the Snowboarders up. So we got something out of it to feel good about..!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eEvans, you're opinon is, IMHO, correct. Every time I've set out to get to Torgon I've been distracted by something else more fun to do. Hey ho. The standard circuit we used to reckon is about 80ms skiing starting in Morzine, so the extended one is significantly longer.

The only reason IMHO to use Super-Morzine IMHO is to visit the "Friendly Vin Chaud" cafe on the way down or to sh*g in the bubble. I haven't myself but friends have.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, I've done the tour including Torgon - quite amazing to see Lac Leman from up the mountains, I think it's Montreux you can see, where the film festival is held. We didn't include the Mont Chery in our tour though, I don't think we'd have had time to do that too. It was a long time ago, and I remember a lot of time spent sitting on chair lifts. Fun though snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RachelQ, so I hear. Interestingly, no-one has admitted to doing the complete "challenge". Maybe I will make the effort this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, snowHead
Sorry, I was off grating myself on dendex when you posted ( Neutral upon reflection, that sentence looks oddly perverse)

I'm not promising sucess, but I'd like to have a go assuming we end up in PDS ( Embarassed it's getting worse....)

Mind you the numbers in my ski group have been increasing like rabbits - at this rate, I'll spend more time wrangling their needs than I will skiing Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My firm advice - and what I now invariably do is:

1. Decide where I want to go.
2. Book it.
3. Tell everyone else and leave all arrangements to them.
4. See who turns up.

Although, I haven't followed these rules for our March Utah trip and we're still arguing over dates, airlines and flights.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy