Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys,

My last Scott jacket broke and I am able to get a replacement from them. I am thinking of getting either the

Scott Explorair jacket:
http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2200622766006/jacket-scott-explorair-lime-punch-s/

Or the Tombstone:
http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2200642761008/jacket-scott-tombstone-ink-l/

So it is kind of a hard shell / soft shell debate here. However, the hard shell doesn't have a snow skirt. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

I aim to go on an off piste skiing holiday next year, possibly to Kashmir so hoping for good powder wherever I end up. Piste skiing doesn't really interest me that much anymore so try to avoid it! although the jacket would still be used on piste when the snow is bad.

I'd also like to use the jacket for a bit of hiking in the UK (nothing major though) and already have a decent OMM eVent jacket that I use for this. Although that jacket is very light weight, so not ideal in the winter.

What do you think? I'm leaning towards the Explorair, but the snow skirt might be really useful given that I have fairly baggy snowboard style pants!

Any help appreciated!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy