Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens or Full 3 V lift pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Going out to Vt on Saturday (Woohoo) and haven't been to the 3 Valleys before. Vt pass is 190e and 3V pass is 244e. My daughter and I are both intermediate skiers. Considering that VT is the highest and as it is the end of the season is it worth splashing out on the full pass. Also, does anyone know if a VT pass includes one day's access to the full area. I know Paradiski pass allows that. Sadly Mrs SB is not allowed to ski this time for medical reasons..so she wont be slowing us down !

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For only 54 euro extra the full 3V pass is well worth it. Mont Vallon and La Masse are excellent ski area well worth visiting and even though it is lower Courchevel IMHO holds its snow better.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sequoiaboard, Fresh snow forecast down to 1500m and "sporting" intermediates shouldn't miss out on Mt Vallon and Courchevel. I'd pay the extra eu50 for the 3v pass but you could also buy day extensions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You have to use the full pass for at least two days to make it better value than buying individual day extensions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sequoiaboard, I've been to the 3 valleys, one or twice a year for the last 7 years, in recent years staying in VT. Usually Jan or Feb it's a done deal and I'd take a 3V's pass. With the recent warm weather the lower areas of the 3V's will have taken a battering but I am talking of below 1800m (lower Meribel, St Martin, La Tania) for me this makes the decision a little more uncertain.
We are going to wait until we arrive to buy the passes and take into account next weeks weather and the forecast for the week after. Forecasts are still changing daily as to above or below freezing, snow\no snow, high wind\light wind. Hopefully, there maybe someone out there this week that can update us on the current piste conditions as that would be the key factore in my decision.

I do not know about the 1 day access situation, it's never been relevent.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You need the area pass to get to http://www.hotel-ours-blanc.com/gb.html n Les Menuires. Worth the money just to go there Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monium wrote:
You need the area pass to get to http://www.hotel-ours-blanc.com/gb.html n Les Menuires. Worth the money just to go there Smile

Fully expect free drinks there if i drop your name on entry Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 1-04-12 19:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oops, double post.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sequoiaboard wrote:
Monium wrote:

Fully expect free drinks there if i drop your name on entry Laughing
If you do pop in can you tell them that their website doesn't work on the iPad wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would buy the full 3V lift pass to give you the flexibility of where to go. It might be snowing or windy in which case you might want to be lower down than Val T. However you can buy a day extension for €24.50 so if you only wanted to do one day out that could be an option.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If we go for a 3V pass on the days we use it we will not be able to get back to the appt for lunch. Grub tends to be very expensive in VT and we are VERY much on a tight budget, but if pushed, we know we can make a large pizza or something similar into a snack for 4 of us (as we can get from the Knife and Fork in VT). If we go further afield can anyone recommend good cheaper places to snack in above Meribel and Les Menuires please? Many thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Take a backpack with sandwiches in.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Or stuff them down the front of your jacket. A big packet of mixxed nuts in the pocket is also a good substitute.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

This. There are several picnic areas inside at the top lifts.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, We went for Plat Du Jour (Dish of the day) almost every day as it was reasonable 11E and very good. Usually took just one + cake to share between two of us.
Self Service Bar 360 in Val Thorens or in Les Menuires excellent places next the the middle station of Bruyeres gondola and on the bottom of Granges chair. Same Zig Zag bar in Mottaret village.

Also cheap bear in Mottaret next to the gondolas for just 4E large.

Did not see anything cheap in Courchevel but there is a nice snack bar on the bottom of Biollay chair. Big sandwiches for 4-6E or nice soup for 3E.

Lots of scenic picnic places everywhere as well. (marked on the piste map). The ones in Val Tho were also inside. Surely colder there than in other resorts. Wink
snow conditions
I've found picnic spaces in VT previously it is good to know they abound in the rest of the resorts too. Tom W, A good list of places - many thanks for the info.
latest report
Buy the 3V pass. We have just done 4 days in 3V and needed to have full 3V area as not enough in any individual valley to satisfy us. We never go into restaurants as we always carry sandwiches and there are lots of places with picnic tables to sit out in this warmer weather. Also several rooms where you can eat sandwiches inside - look on piste map.
snow report
Now thinking of buying the full 3V pass...Sorry to be a burden, but could do with cheap lunch food advice throughout the 3V area..probably be be homemade picnic if all else fails. Budget tighter than expected.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy