Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP MY UNI WORK ABOUT SKI CLOTHING BRANDS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm quite partial to SOS (Sportswear of Sweden). I had a pair of their Cordura fabric Salopettes years ago which were technically way ahead of their generation. Also had a (yellow) over-the-head smock type jacket, ....... very 1980's! Also had Napapijri Skidoo jacket, VERY excellent.

Now I got one of the SOS "Triangle" jumpers with the windstop, and salopettes made out of Derzimax. Still technically decent, without snapping a credit card.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jeez.... I`m a old snob skiing on tennis rackets, with motorcycle handgrips over my eyes; I knew something was wrong!! Seriously, if it works then I will buy from that brand again, and if it under performs then I will never buy again. I had never heard of Arcteryx when I bought my first ski jacket in Canada, but I could see that I could use it for multiple sports, year round; since then I have bought two more tops from them ( in sales! ) and they are fantastic. I got a Summit Series down ski jacket from NF last year, and I was cold in it all the time, so I will not waste my money with them again. Still happy with my five year £ 40 Trespass strides though. I bought Oakley goggles after recommendations on here, having thought that they were just a brand. So.. function first.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One brand not mentioned but for me has been up there with the best is Descente, I have had 2 pairs of pants and a jacket and never let me down in some of the worst conditions I could throw at them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it depends on where you come from too.

For example, Megamum said that her perception of DaKine was that they made skiing rucksacks... My first experience of DaKine was buying a leash for my surfboard so to me they are a surf company that sells ski equipment.

I'd say Trespass is a ski-wear brand.

I'd say NorthFace is an outdoor brand that includes skiwear in their lineup.

Generally, I have the opinion that those companies that do a wider range of outdoor wear rather than just ski wear produce the better quality, more versatile clothing. But then I think about Killy or Spyder skiwear and it's VERY good stuff.

FWIW, I ski with Northface jacket and pants (because I got a deal on them at the Bicester outlet), Berhaus, mountain hardware and helly-hansen base layers, NorthFace and Trespass fleeces and Gill windproof insulated jacket. Gill is very much a sailing brand, but there's a large crossover on the technical aspects of some of the clothing.

I think there are three very distinct questions:

Which companies market themselves specifically as a Skiwear brand,
Which companies do skiers perceive to be skiwear brands
Which brands do skiers actually wear.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I had the money I'd buy Vist, Kjus, Napapijri, Moncler. An eclectic mix of Fashion/Function! Good job I'm going to Strolz's sale in Lech next week!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
theskibob wrote:
If I had the money I'd buy Vist, Kjus, Napapijri, Moncler. An eclectic mix of Fashion/Function! Good job I'm going to Strolz's sale in Lech next week!!

spoo
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999 wrote:
theskibob wrote:

spoo

ALL the above are girlie kit!! rolling eyes
*it was VERY tongue in cheek*[/i]
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy