Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spanish resort to open 9-man 'skis inside' gondola

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This may be a first (I can't recall a predecessor): the Spanish Pyrenees resort of Baqueira Beret will open a new gondola lift this season that carries 9 passengers per cabin, with skis inside. The objective is to make loading/unloading quicker.

The lift connects a new resort base at Val de Ruda residential complex to a mid-station in the main ski area at 1,500m elevation. From there, it continues to 1,800m where it connects with the Bosque chairlift. This season, only the upper section will be operational and access will be from what will be the mid-station.

Baqueira Beret is in the middle of a substantial expansion programme, with a lot of new facilities under construction.

[News report from www.dailysnow.com ]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know with skis getting wider and shorter all the time, often the racks on the outside of normal gondolas aren't wide enough, and they're now short enough to fit inside the cabin, as you often have to do with snowboards. Not sure it's a first though, surely there are lots of jumbo gondola/funitel type things (Alpe d'Huez, Val T, Hintertux) where you bring your skis inside and can sit down...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a massive one a Val D'Isere....we we're just waiting for the barman to come and take our order when we had to get out!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Nasereinbahn in St Anton loads 8 persons with ski/boards, guess you could get 9 or 10 in with a push Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure how many the TransArc in Les Arcs carries, but it normally feels like a lot more than 9!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Elizabeth B, the olympic express up the Bellevarde ? It takes about 20 iirc.

Maybe it depends on your definition of gondola. The Peclet lift in Val Thorens which is at least gondola-esque takes 12 per cabin, I think, and has been running for well over 10 years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, the Peclet funitel takes about 12 seated, but a total of 30 per cabin maximum. Grand Fond takes 33 per cabin.

An example of a more conventional gondola in the 3Vs which you take your skis inside (IIRC) could be the Mont Vallon gondola - max 12 people per cabin. It was built in 1988.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy