Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ashford International. Cheap Parking and the NCP Con

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Maybe someone will make this a sticky or at least it will be searchable...

Took our first indirect train journey to the Alps last week (will write a separate report on that but the train was brilliant) but we found a very cheap way to park at Ashford that no one really wants to publicise. We did some searhcing on here in advance and the 2 options we could find was to park at the Premier Inn Hotel where parking is free and pay a donation to charity and take a taxi there and back (lots of hassle and about £30?) or pay £11.50 per day in the NCP beside the station (£80.50 for 7 days). As it was a holiday and being lazy we decided to use the NCP.

I dropped my wife and bags at the set down point outside Ashford and drove on to the multi storey. It was quiet so I was parked on the ground floor. As I walked out I saw a NCP guy and I asked him is the £11.50 was per day or was there a weekly rate. He said sorry and that there was no reduced rate but he asked me why didn't I use the other car park across the road that was £5 per day. I said, what car park? He replied the one NCP don't tell anyone about!! He let me out for free and gave me directions, it was a 20 second drive. Basically there is a large open air secure NCP car park on your left about 20 yards before you turn right into the set down area.

Got back today and 7 days was £35 as opposed to the mulit storey the £80.50 the multi storey would have been............Shocked Shocked

Now heres point. Go try find this car park on the Eurostar website or NCP website. Its official title is 'Car Park D'.........Mad Mad Mad Mad

http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park?t=link&q=ashford%20international&via=0#

The Eurostar website shows an image of where it is but does not mention the price and sends you to the multi storey. It is the second parking sign up from the bottom, the one above it points to the multi storey.

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/travel_information/at_the_station/stations/ashford_international.jsp

The only place I could find it was on the website.

http://www.myringgo.co.uk/parkinglocator/2915

The only potential advantage to the multi storey is you can access it without leaving the terminal via the long covered walk way. The open air one is no longer a walk than the multi storey and if you have heavy bags you use the set down first. Up to you, we saved £45.50. Thats a lot.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, thanks v. much. Useful to know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, No worries. Its a huge secure car park, with lots of CCTV. Unless your car is allergic to the outdoors then no reason not to use.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://ashfordintl.keyivr.co.uk/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

You can book in advance now - £51 instead of £88 for the multi storey, about £27 for car park D Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy