Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sorted thanks - Supermarkets? Restaurants? Chambery?

Poster: A snowHead
Because we left it too late to book into Albertville (which we really wanted - closer to our destination the next morning) we are having to spend next Friday night in Chambery Nord which is a place we don't know. Though if anyone is looking to cancel a couple of rooms (or somewhere that will sleep 4) closer to VT than that we have the option to cancel and rebook ours elsewhere until the day we travel.

We are looking for a Supermarket that will be open ideally early evening when we arrive (though I know its Good Friday) or first thing Saturday morning. Also, somewhere that won't break the bank to eat on the Friday night - we will be 2 adults and 2 kids so somewhere doing good honest grub will be fine - Not that bothered about the Genre. I'd appreciate some suggestions if anyone can help. Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 31-03-12 12:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I don't think Good Friday is a public holiday in France.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, That's a very useful comment - I was wondering that - sometimes foreign countries are very keen on the Easer holidays.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Motte Servolex Chambery North, has a dirty great Super U, and was the cheapest Diesel accross the whole of our Journey from Herts to La Rosiere in Jan 2012 and again 3 weeks ago

Also their 10 litre box of Super U Merlot for 17 euro is not bad

If you happen to be staying at the Formula 1 Chambery North, which is at La Motte Sevolex, then the Super U is 3 mins drive away
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins, That's where we will be Very Happy That Super U sounds ideal - many thanks! Do you happen to have a recommendation of where we can eat too please?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum,

I do indeed, however i am poo pants at remembering and my good lady is having her hair done for tonights Sub Aqua Club Dinner and Dance rolling eyes

I will ask her the name of the place and directions as you can walk it in about ten mins from the F1, we use the F1 at Chambery Nord every year for last 6 years. Cheap cheerful and has got everything you need in spitting distance

Will ask her when she returns and stick it and directions on here
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aah just found it

Pizza Pepone
129 Avenue Rene Cassin
73290 La Motte Servolex.
Its on Google and has its own web site
Opens from 1900, some times not till 2000

Does v nice pizzas, but also does other stuff, we like the seafood salad, you get a load of smoked salmon with it and some nice big prawns, they do chicken, steak.

Reasonably priced, 10 mins walk or 3 mins by car from the F1

Also the F1 is in a bit of an industrial area but if you walk just around the corner there is a little bar that the workers use, clean and friendly and a beer that blows your head off, hence why we then walk to the Restaurant Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Her ladyships hair is looking tres bon i must say, she seems to remember 4 adults with drinks just having a main course with a couple of beers and a carafe of house wine around 45-50 euro

They have a kids menu as well, do pasta, chicken wings, burgers ect
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.pizza-pepone.fr/pizzeria-74/pizzeria-emporter-26-Meythet.php
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent!! Very Happy Pizza Pepone it is then - nothing like a personal recommendation, many thanks Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum,

You are welcome. Have a bottle of the dark beer for me, we will be back, but not till Jan 2013 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chambery Nordic is ok.....it's got several restaurants......from mcdonalds, Kentucky, buffalo gril, hippotomous, pizza......not sure the supermarket will open early enough for you, it didn't t for us in January....but it does have self serve fuel which as said by earlier poster is the cheapest of the whole journey.........we had an excellent meal in buffalo grill.......there were 9adults and 5kids and the staff were excellent, good kids menu. The mcdonalds breakfast is also a bonus if you like those...bacon and egg muffin......enjoy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stefoy4me, many thanks for the heads up - we tried a Buffalo in Albertville one year and ate very well there too. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, we stayed in Chambery north area before we went up to La Tania couple of weeks ago, its a quick drive especially as you can take the normal roads, the Super U is great and I can put another vote in for the Super U Merlot "hick" if anyone is looking at this area the Hotel du Neige looks cool but other than a really nice guy running it its prety pants Sad we picked up a couple of friends for the night Mad there Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
livetoski, Timbobaggins, Super U merlot has just gone on the shopping list Very Happy
ski holidays
Hard to believe, you are coming to France and the best you can manage is to eat in a McDonalds in some windswept crime ridden out of town shopping mall. Jeez, this is France, not the freakin' US of frakin' A. Take yer car, drive into town, it is a historic center dating from the 13th C. If the culture shock is too much go to O'Cardis which is a pub by the historic cathederal (look inside the church and you'll see the real Turin shroud, not the copy they have in Turin) otherwise loads of restaurants in the wonderful, historic town center serving all kinds of food. Lots of car parks.

Friday is a normal work day in France, they are Catholics so don't believe in Good Friday.
ski holidays
davidof, I've often wondered why people choose to stop in such places when French towns are usually so wonderful. We did stay in an Ibis on the outskirts of Grenoble last year, but got the tram into the city centre for dinner. (we also showed hubby the hospital he stayed in).
ski holidays
davidof, yessssss!!!!!!! Plus one, with knobs on.
(I may well be exploring the historic centre of Chambery myself within the next couple of weeks. I shall be inspecting the plat du jour in some likely-looking resto, or two.)
snow report
Quote:

they are Catholics so don't believe in Good Friday.

Quite true - I pottered into my hairdresser earlier this week and asked for an appointment at the end of the week - questioned whether she would be open on Friday - 'of course' was the answer.
snow conditions
Megamum, You could try Flunch, it is on the same commercial estate as the Quick, Mc Donalds and KFC in Motte Servolex, close to the Novotel. I stayed in the F1 at Chambery Nord a couple of weeks ago and went looking for something to eat and was going to go to quick for a snack but went past Flunch and it was packed.
It is reasonable food at a very good price, I had chicken with a selection of vegetables, a large glass of wine and a coffee for something like 7 euros.
More details at www.flunch.fr
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, Just back from Pizza Pepone. As you suggested we had an excellent meal - the kids were fully catered for and four of us ate inc. drinks and puddings for 53 Euros. It suited us - a short walk from the F1 - which is all we need for the night. We tend to save our cash to spend in resort - the holiday for us starts more or less once we get there. After a 2am start all we really need is somewhere to crash for a few hours and somewhere we can get some filling grub from. I don't think we found your bar, but we did find A bar a bit further down the road from the Pizza place. A bar which served excellent Leffe beer {Hic}. So we partook of the Leffe beer whilst the Pizza place opened and then more beer and Pizza and icecream (excellent icecream!) we are now ready to sleep - yes, lightweights I know, but we are aiming for a 0530 start tomorrow and in resort by 0830 and skiing by 0930 (FraserP will be in a bar by 1030 no doubt making excuses for a disfunctional mojo Shocked Shocked

Will update trip report later, but wanted to report here on the Pizza Pepone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy