Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me buy Some New Skis Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking at getting a new pair of skis and thought i would take advantage of the end of season sales.
I am looking for an all mountain/ twin tip that i can use with a pair of Baron/dukes or the new Saloman binding when it comes out, but am unsure what skis to get so was hoping that your collective wisdom might be able to help Smile

it has been suggested that im about an intermediate standard, but managed to get a job in Canada for next year so hoping to ski a fair bit more once im out there.

I am about 5ft9 and weigh about 10 and a half stone, currently skiing on my girlfriends very old 155 slalom skis.

Currently looking at:

Scott mission, 168/ Predator, 172
The atomic theory, 168
The Saloman 2012, 171

what are peoples opinions on these skis, anything else i should look at?

Thanks in Advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If going out West, I'd go for something a bit fatter than your current shortlist. Line Sir Francis Bacon is a great twin for Canadian all-mountain hooning about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Theory's are a great ski. Little bit of rocker in the nose so if you're 5'9" go 177.

Not a huge Salomon fan so treat this accordingly but having ridden them 2012s ski super short, and are way too chattery for me.

If you want a TT cos you're riding switch in the park loads then fair enough; if not I'd be hard pressed to look anywhere other than a Theory or Mantra as a one ski quiver.

Outside bet Rossi S3 (especially if you're looking to tour it; sooo light) but much softer and therefore compromised hard snow performance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for the quick responses, i have a friend who skied the mantra and found it very difficult to ski in icy conditions, she only enjoyed them in powder, has anyone else found this?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am trying to get info on Orion twin Tips can you help
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy