Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl bridge - opinions and sizing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been considering this ski for a while and all the reviews seem cracking, what do people think? I previously tried to fill this role with a rossignol s3, but quite frankly I hated it!

In terms of me and my requirements - I am a pretty experienced skier with around 18months on snow, have done a couple of seasons and while i dont throw huge tricks in the park i know my friends would definately classify myself as one of the better seasonnaire skiers from an all round point of view. Now that im restricted to a couple of short trips a year I'm looking for a ski that will show me a good time all over the mountain, I tend to ride fast aggressive lines both on and off piste, so I want something that will hold a hard edge when pushed (was a massive fan of the mantra I used to have) and spend a reasonable amount of time in the park too, more on kickers than anything and a bit of pipe. I don't do real big tricks or hit the uber kickers, but can land 5's and flips on the reds and back county booters.

Also I'm a little unsure what size to buy, I'm quite tall at 6'2", but not that heavy at about 75kgs. In a park ski I would normally go around 180cm, and in a all mountain off piste 185+. The bridge comes in 179 and 187, I'm tempted by the bigger ski as I'm assuming the rocker will make it ride shorter, however I'm wortied this might be a bit cumbersome in the park?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks a great ski.

I'd go for the 179 cm.

I'm 188 cm and ski a 173 cm ski
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go 187cm, would make the ski more stable for skiing all around the mountain. the rocker does make the bridge ski slightly shorter than they are! personally would also reccomend not mounting them too far forwards!

Dan
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fancy a pair to replace my old Karma's which I loved.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndAnotherThing.., the Kendo is much more like the Karma

I had the older non rockered Bridge and few years ago and would say it should fit what you want, you could probably ski either length happily, depends where you want to compromise.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lynseyf, Cheers, I never quite got my head around which was the replacement.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy