Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We found a use for porridge........

Poster: A snowHead
We have written here before about our attempts to learn boarding and what had developed into fear and hatred but an unwillingness to give up.

This afternoon in Arc 2000 we decided to have another stab and boy are we glad we did. The snow had soften to the point that it was horrible to ski on. Yet boarding on porridge and very soft snow is great when you want to learn or practice and yes it clicked. We did turns and we didn't fall, even managed some flat and got some speed up. Even more impressive mrsfatcontroller got of 5 lifts without falling or taking several skiers out.

Message to anyone on skis looking at porridge on the slope and thinking of going in for the day. Don't, go hire a board....... Madeye-Smiley Cool Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

mrsfatcontroller got of 5 lifts without falling

Should have gone to La Plagne, the lifts are so slow....... Toofy Grin
wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, We didn't want to go to La Plagne for the 3rd time this week and experience the crap snow, again... wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, never found snow too soft to have an enjoyable ski in?? Even in last years +20 heat wave early April, was still blasting late afternoon slush
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Hate skiing slush on skis, find slush heavy to hit through with the back end of your skis and at times where you expect a turn to complete you the back end just doesnt come through. I watch guys flying through slush but I ain't that good Embarassed , anyway we had a ball this afternoon up a mountain which is what it is all about isn't it wink snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
glad you enjoyed it.

i like being able to ski and ride - they are different and are suitable for different conditions.

Now i am off to try those snowscooter things....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski,

+1
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grey wrote:
glad you enjoyed it.

i like being able to ski and ride - they are different and are suitable for different conditions.

Now i am off to try those snowscooter things....

Yep thats the reason we have persevered with learning to board. We wanted options. Maybe in about 3 years when we have cracked boarding fully we will try one of those snowbike things wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller wrote:
anyway we had a ball this afternoon up a mountain which is what it is all about isn't it wink snowHead

Indeed Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller wrote:
mrsfatcontroller got of 5 lifts without taking several skiers out.

Needs to try harder Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...ahem - big ass rocker skis. You can thank me later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
mrsfatcontroller got of 5 lifts without taking several skiers out.

Needs to try harder Twisted Evil

Sorry to report that we both must have had a deathly look about us as over 2 days in Les Arcs only 1 other person dared to get on a lift with us and we missed him.Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

God it was quiet and we ended a glorious week on a high as we at last 'got' boarding. Can't wait till next year.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, just wait 'till your first powder day. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Even more impressive mrsfatcontroller got of 5 lifts without falling

Falling off lifts? Tsk tsk tsk... wouldn't catch me doing that.. Toofy Grin

(hello stranger, ltns) Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Schuss in Boots, Oi Beatch. Your name came up in conversation today. I haven't forgotten how you teased a starving man by uttering the sexiest words a starving man can hear 'no way will I will be able to eat all my tartiflette, I will have a little then will you finish it?' God yes I will I shouted (after I have fininshed mine Toofy Grin). Then, oh yeah then, you eat the bloody lot and started chewing the enamel off the bowl. I ain't forgotten. Now bog off back to the two sticks threads and leave me with my snow boarding buddies.

PS I just wish I had videod you going ar*e over t*t on the begineers lift in Tignes. Would have made millions flogging that to you've been framed all over the world. Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
rogg wrote:
thefatcontroller, just wait 'till your first powder day. snowHead

No rush, only 9 months of dreaming. Sad Cool
ski holidays
Been enjoying great bowlfuls of porridge over in La Plagne last week. Glad you and missus are feeling the power of the darkside again thefatcontroller.
snow report
thefatcontroller, I missed you too sweetie Laughing Laughing Laughing OK, here's a plan.... you show me a gentle black run (y'know... just to practice on) Twisted Evil and I'll share my tartiflette with you NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy