Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

H/Term 13, School trip with a difference (no kids – teachers only)

Poster: A snowHead
My mate (who is an Italian teacher living in the UK) is always whinging about the cost of HT ski trips and she has asked me to see if anyone would be interested in putting something together to bring down the costs

So, I am thinking of putting together a teachers only trip for next half term. Have asked a few people I know and now have 8 interested,any more ?

Not quite sure yet how it would work – my mate has suggested that people who are full/part time teachers should get £100 discount of the cost, I am not against this too much, but would need to look at how people prove they are teachers. Oh, well can sort out the technical bits later.

But, for now, a simple question; would any of you teachers be interested?

PS If there is enough interest I would book a full hotelin Madonna di Campiglio (google it), which would ensure there are no school groups in the hotel at the same time.

Please post your thoughts and comments below, and PM me with your contact details if you would be interested.

Toofy Grin P.S I’m waiting for the howls of indignation from parents. Madeye-Smiley Shocked wink

NOTE if someone else wants to jump in and take over the organisation let me know as (with that sort of discount) we are making sod all on this - just doing for a mate who has asked, as we have all the logistics in place anyway. But if you want to organise something else let me know and I’ll give you the contact details of the people who have already expressed an interest
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Next half term is at the end of May - I'll be delighted to join even though I'm not a teacher if Madonna is still open and skiing well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob wrote:
Next half term is at the end of May - I'll be delighted to join even though I'm not a teacher if Madonna is still open and skiing well.

Half Term Feb 2013 - departing Sunday 17th ( fatbob that's 17th Feb 2013 rolling eyes )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne

Quote:
I am not against this too much, but would need to look at how people prove they are teachers.

Why would people without children be going on a ski holiday at half term (even with £100 discount) unless they were teachers? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, ER. Wayne either you or me is misinformed, I thought half-term next year was 9th to 16th. Feb Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skitow, It depends where you live, in Milton Keynes it's the week Wayne has indicated.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skitow, You should be able to check it out on your local council website Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iski, Wayne, I have checked and ours, North Wales, is the 9th. to 16th. Does that mean we are one week before the first French week ? Edit. I believe it does.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
half term for us in Swansea is the w/c 9th Feb. Will be a week before French holidays start and before a lot of the English schools Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To prevent too much of a thread drift wink

We have checked every education area in the UK and most of them are Sunday 17th Feb and some are the week before
Note I use Sundays are the start dates as thats when most (not all) Italian hotels change-over.

So, it could either be 10th or 17th departure or (for a few other LEA schools and some public schools) whenever yours happens to be, we can run trips at any time.

Don't forget that if someone else wants to take over the running of this trip (I now have 12 people), just PM me
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi...just found this thread...is the trip still open? I am a teacher. Tend to go away on my own as none of my colleagues ski! Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sonj,
Yep

Send me your details by PM and I'll add you to the list
It would be helpful if you could tell me which airport you need and which date your HT is..

Note.
If you go to the Snow Events section Admin is running a trip to Folgarida on the same dates, so you should have plenty of people to ski with
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would be up for a trip at half term. Do we have any prices yet? and any more details?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
South West I believe is 9th Feb !

Wayne, where are you thinking of going, approx costings? I think people would need to book flights sooner rather than later

Mentioning the word 'school' or 'students' at any point = 1 euro in the pot for charity Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Iski wrote:
Wayne

Quote:
I am not against this too much, but would need to look at how people prove they are teachers.

Why would people without children be going on a ski holiday at half term with a load of teachers? Toofy Grin
snow report
NOTE
I'm only releasing 15 twins rooms for this and maybe a few triples and quads. Reason being that we don't make anything on this and I do need to keep some rooms that generate income.
1st come, 1st served.

alikat077 wrote:
I would be up for a trip at half term. Do we have any prices yet? and any more details?

I was going to run this to Madonna but I have sold out my big tow hotels in the town and can't get any more beds.

So it will now be to Folgarida as I have 6 hotels there so can normally find enough room for a small grou of 30 or 40 happy souls.

The price would be as shown on our website - just deduct £100. This must be booked on the phone to me (just ask for me when you call) as the on-line system will not give discounts.
All the other details are as shown on the site. So the price (in a twin it's £880 with the discount) inc; flights, transfers, ski gear, 3* hotel (Renzi), lift pass, etc, etc.
Extras payable are if you want to extend your lift pass to cover the whole area (360km) and ski school if needed.

Any question just give me a call on the number on the site.

Prices
http://www.folgarida.co.uk/pages/folgarida_holiday_costs.html

Hotel details
http://www.folgarida.co.uk/pages/folgarida_hotel_renzi.html

Piste Map (download the PDF to see the full area)
http://www.folgarida.co.uk/pages/folgarida_skiing_piste_map.html

If you want to go on your own and share, let me know when you call and I'll pair you up with someone else on thier own of the same gender and about the same age.

Iski wrote:
would need to look at how people prove they are teachers.

People would prove they are teachers by doing a not too dissimilar voice to that of the teacher in Another-Brick-In-The-Wall (shwing my age there Toofy Grin ).

1969jma wrote:
I think people would need to book flights sooner rather than later

Peope don't need to book flights. This is a package (fully ATOL covered by me).
snow report
Wayne - PM/d you
snow report
1969jma,
I have sent a reply.

NOTE - the dates can be either of the HT's - as there are 2 next year.
snow conditions
Wayne,
I'm gonna shamelessly pimp on this... being an ex teacher myself I got so annoyed by th eprice hikes in the School Hols... so much so that I used to be conveniently poorly or attending some kind of event based in a snowy area normally the week before half-term wink

Because of the World Champs in Schladming we have already got a healthy booking from the train company so I am offering some rooms over half-term for teachers at only €49 per night (based on at least 2 sharing) for full chalet board. Funny leaving date though... Arr Sunday 17th Feb dep Fri 22nd (6 nights).

Check the link below if interested.
This is only for teachers and their families!!
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
being an ex teacher myself

Fair enough Shocked

flangesax wrote:
Arr Sunday 17th Feb dep Fri 22nd (6 nights).

Sunday night
Monday night
Tuesday night
Wednesday night
Thursday night

= 6 Puzzled

What time are the flights and transfer?
It may seem to be a bit of a long way to go for 4 days skiing.
If the flights are (very) early on Sun and (very) late on Fri, it may be pos to get in another 2 half days.
ski holidays
Doh.. oh yeah.. 5 nights!..
Normally possible to ski on arrival and departure days as we are only 45min from Salzburg.
Flights always tend to depend on where you are flying from really but by using something like skyscanner.com or the like I'm sure there are lots of options!

Leaves a little bit of time at the end of the holiday to get some marking and planning done wink
latest report
Wayne,
Hi I'm interested in this trip, but I don't know the dates of my son's half term, (I would be travelling solo hoping to match up with another solo female, (need to arrange for my son to stay with someone whilst I'm away, any other solo females looking to share?
latest report
skiAnn,
Have a look in the Events section - there is a snowHead's trip to the same resort at the same time ( Detail here ).
You could post a message in that thread and see if anyone answers.

Or you could send a PM to Admin and ask him if he knows of anyone else on their own.
snow conditions
We had a few more snowHead's book onto this trip today.

Just to reiterate what I said to them:

The free ski school offer (normal cost £95 per week) is for the Hotel Vecchia America and not for the Renzi. The £100 snowHead discount applies to the hotel Renzi.

But another way of looking at it is whichever hotel you stay at you’re not going to find another Half Term holiday (with full ATOL cover and everything else included) for the same price to a 3* hotel within a short walk from the slopes in anywhere decent.

And yes I have noticed that many of the people booking via this forum seemed to have joined snowHead's in the last couple of weeks Shocked .
Oh well my fault for offering it, can't go back now Madeye-Smiley.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy