Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski holiday insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any suggestions for "good" ski holiday insurance?

As I am slightly confused about what I am covered for, which seems to be different for different insurers!

This hasn't been a problem in the past. As I've skied on-piste when booking holiday on my own, and when I went with a group which did off-piste skiing the insurance was sorted out by someone else.

However, this season I intend to go on several ski holiday doing off-piste skiing, but don't want to be caught out with inadequate insurance.

As a lot of people on this board are likely to have consideration experience of ski insurance and the do's & don'ts. As well as how easy it is to deal with company x when things go wrong.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidb if you're doing several trips, have a look at an annual policy from the BMC - this seems pretty comprehensive to me and the standard policy allows unlimited trips of up to 93 days each. Most ordinary annual policies limit the total number of skiing days.

I don't know how good they are when it comes to claims, mind you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidb, we chose ski-insurance.co.uk both fro ourselves and to offer to our guests, if you go our website www.tracksvacations.com you'll find a link directly to ski-insurance.co.uk. We thought they offered the most comprehensive cover and we've always found them to be easy to deal with, no claims experience though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use Fogg but I will look at David@traxvax suggestion. I don't need all the frilly bits as I have annual so I just need a ski specific top-up which covers off-piste and, on those occasions, heli. I know Fogg does this.

For short trips in France I also use carte neige.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidb, as Alastair, suggests the BMC often gets reccomended as does snowcard.co.uk , I used to also suggest the insurance from the SCGB however I'm aware that one of their reps still hasn't had a settlement from last season so I can't reccomend them at the moment, you might also wan't to look at dogtag insurance a link can be found in the snowShops section of this website
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidb, As D G Orf, says snowcard are good. Also the Austrian Alpine Club are cheaper than the BMC - but only covers mountain rescue - does get you recpirocal rights in huts tho. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair, A friend of a friend was unfortunate enough to test out his BMC insurance when he fell off a mountain on a climbing trip - apparently they were exceptionally good. For that reason (amongst others) I have BMC insurance too, even though it is reasonably expensive
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stuarth, Sorry -I'm not stalking, honest! Was it BMC you used for last season? Me and P will need some but I'm not sure what to do with S as she'll be just 2 but not skiing or anything like that. The website seems to suggest that we would have to pay full premium for her.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy