Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's the competition - was it false advertising by snowHeads???

Poster: A snowHead
Maria55,
Quote:

Apart from a few minutes signing up, what have you actually lost?
This is the point. Just go away if you don't like it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i feel sorry for Mr 55.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
Maria55 wrote:
Megamum, you do seem to be the voice of Treason

Shocked Shocked Who da thought it!

Not me, that's for sure.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maria55 wrote:
....All in all I have a TERRIBLE Snowheads experience I would recommend that to anyone else reading this to be aware and consider looking elsewhere....

Happy to help
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
A girl a mother
Wandered in for free things here
Left cross not a little

jbob, what are you trying to do? Jeez, here we are trying to run a haiku forum and you go and post inflammatory stuff like this, you should be ashamed of yourself! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maria55, I'm in two minds about you. You could easily be who you claim to be. However, regarding the feel of the forum, from what I hear of the blood bath that is supposed to be mumsnet I would have thought that SH's would be seem like a time in a holiday camp. The big problem is, that within just a few postings, you are making some insightful comments and hitting a few nails well and truely on their heads as though you have knocked around here for longer than a day or so. You also had the misfortune to make you first posting about a product promotion that had already caused a little tooth sucking around here and within a post of two or someone else that had done the same. This probably isn't helping the perception that you are who claim - i.e. an innocent newcomer. However, I have always tried to see both sides and you could easily just be the victim of circumstance. However, then moaning about the competition then didn't help your cause as I pointed out in a previous posting. Yes, it shouldn't still be there, but if you do feel conned for being unable to enter something that you signed up (which didn't cost you anything other than a bit of time and a few details - which shouldn't do you any harm - I've never had spam from joining SH's) for it is possible to remove your registration entirely if you ask for it.

FWIW my first post was about Killy jackets, a lot of folks first postings are about a product - it gives them a reason to post - it doesn't make them all plants and trolls because they are in praise of a product, a service or a person in the industry. The other's could do well to remember that.

If you are the innocent newcomer then I think this lot have disgraced themselves entirely. It depends on how you feel about things, but if you want to make them feel bad then stick it out and endeavour to become part of the community and come skiing with us at a snowdome or bash - prove them wrong.

If you are not, then please feel free to have a huge laugh at my expense.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, you are quite the diplomat. I just struggle to work out who would enquire about joining a new club, complain on their application form, throw all their toys (no doubt all won in competitions) out of their pram and then stick around expecting to be welcomed with open arms. Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum wrote:
..I think this lot have disgraced themselves entirely.....

slushy wrote:
Megamum, you are quite the diplomat....

That's one way of looking at it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slushy, yup, I know - that's the other side which I, of course, also see.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, You missed the first part of that quote:

Quote:

If you are the innocent newcomer then I think this lot have disgraced themselves entirely

We don't normally 'take apart' newcomers and I do hope that the OP isn't innocent and hasn't fallen victim to over zealous exurberance. If she is then we haven't done SH's proud. However, I can also see where the size 10's were put and do understand why the OP has got the reaction she has.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MariaSS
This is the competition I got spam PM about it may interest you...
Quote:
Hi Boredsurfin

I’m Director of SkiA Designs Ltd – a UK company started up to develop and manufacture the SkiA Sweetspot Trainer. We launched the trainer in mid January, and are selling it from www.skia.com, and now Amazon.

If you’ve not come across it, there’s much more information on our site.

We think it’s uniquely good, and we have endorsements that back us up on that – but it’s natural that people would think that ‘we would say that, wouldn’t we?’

I’m contacting you as one of the 20,000-plus posters on Snowheads to see if you would like a sample of the trainer to try and test?

This would give you an opportunity to assess it and form your own opinion.

If you’re interested, just reply to this message – or e-mail me
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, woah am I missing something here? Maria55 has just come on the board and started throwing insults around left, right and centre. I read through the thread and thought that there certainly was behaviour that was entirely disgraceful, I think I have a different opinion from whence it came tho.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TotallyBoard, Yep certain posters have access to ip address and I notice a certain tone from their posts in this thread.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TotallyBoard wrote:
Megamum, woah am I missing something here? Maria55 has just come on the board and started throwing insults around left, right and centre. I read through the thread and thought that there certainly was behaviour that was entirely disgraceful, I think I have a different opinion from whence it came tho.

+1
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TotallyBoard, Nope you are not missing anything. I can see where the OP raised the ire of folks - I must admit I initially thought 'Ouch' - 'Ouch' because I knew immediately where it would lead - when I read the OP, then I thought, well it was bad form to not remove the competition. However, I think the OP did themselves no favours in the way that they tackled the issue esp. as an early new poster. If they were experienced in BB, as they claim, then they must understand how such things work - bleating about missing out on a freebie (even one that should have been removed) and using the word 'conned' seems a bit like making mountains from molehills and seemed designed to stir to some extent. Things just then went downhill as the insults got lobbed around from both sides.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 27-03-12 10:19; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Quote:

I have say I do belong to other forums, MumsNet being one of them

Do you know pandora and have you been on holiday with Ski Beat Puzzled
snow report
boredsurfin,
Quote:

certain posters have access to ip address
What does that mean?
snow conditions
Pedantica, some posters mods admins etc have can see the ip address of where a post is made from. Maria55 ip may just match another posters etc etc
Any one else notice a trend to put their age in a post, Filthy keith 30 Maria 55 Daily Mail readers?
latest report
Pedantica, I guess boredsurfin, is suggesting that some of the mods/admins may be able to see a poster's IP address and notice a match with that of a previously registered person.
Bit like pairing up socks out the laundry I guess...

EDIT: I cross posted with boredsurfin
snow report
boredsurfin, Oh I see. What you meant was: 'I can see a certain style, and it would be good if a mod could look and see if the ip matches up with who I think this poster is.' So, who do you think this is? No reason not to have a little speculation to pep up the thread, which is in danger of turning into Megamum's soap box. wink
snow report
Megamum, yeah I kind of understand about the competition but TBH I think Maria55 looked a little cheap bitching about missing out on it (and saying that's the only reason she joined served to reinforce that).

The internet is full of "you are the 1,000,000th visitor and you've won an iPad" rubbish, with due respect to Snowheads this was a genuine competition that somebody won. I think it's a little disrespectful of her throwing her weight around and slinging mud as she did. Would she do it in RL or is she just a keyboard warrior?
snow conditions
boredsurfin, you think it's Filthy Keith? And who's he?
snow conditions
Pedantica, OK, point taken Laughing Let's see where the conspiracy theorists end up.
ski holidays
TotallyBoard,
Quote:

just a keyboard warrior?
Of course she is.
ski holidays
TotallyBoard, I can see that POV entirely. Which is why I also pointed out the genuine nature of the comp. to him/her
ski holidays
Pedantica, Possibly based on the tenuous connection of the 30 and the 55. See my comment of fb.
Didn't see the soapbox wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 27-03-12 10:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
boredsurfin, Oi - it's not me!!
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Pedantica, some posters mods admins etc have can see the ip address of where a post is made from. Maria55 ip may just match another posters etc etc
Any one else notice a trend to put their age in a post, Filthy keith 30 Maria 55 Daily Mail readers?

30K, Its not my age . I was trying to have a special number before I left.

I cant wait for Methusala956 to turn up, probably went to school with some of you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k,
Quote:
before I left
oh, are you planning on leaving the forum? Or life, so that you never have to suffer the indignity of being old? Best of luck with that, either way. Toofy Grin
snow report
Hey, no-one told me there is a competition on here for a free holiday. I signed up for advice on off piste routes, hardware set-up, resort info, etc.

Could someone tell me where I can find said competition...I love something for nothing!?!
ski holidays
In response to some of the comments made above, I can state absolutely categorically that there is no association of any kind between Maria55 and myself or anyone at SkiA
(Age 47)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 27-03-12 11:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Pedantica wrote:
Filthyphil30k,
Quote:
before I left
oh, are you planning on leaving the forum? Or life, so that you never have to suffer the indignity of being old? Best of luck with that, either way. Toofy Grin

hahaha. Some people say you are a moany old fart, but I think you are very funny, no genuinely, I will be watching your posts more carefully. If I get to 956 ( years old) I will have a party, my point is I am not Mariaprizegrabber and 30K was not my age.
ski holidays
I'm still holding out for 50 pages on this one. Snowheads award for best pandora of the season?

I'm also butthurt that sweetspot skia didn't filter their evaluation offer to exclude apres zone posts in their criteria. I feel this would have boosted my chances of being higher up the list for a freebie wink
snow conditions
Maria55, if you are not a sock then you sure do know how to make an entrance Laughing Welcome to SH Shocked
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k,
Quote:

old fart
guilty

Quote:

moany
not guilty

wink
latest report
Pedantica, again hahaha.
snow report
Maria55: if you are genuine and decide to stick around, you might find this (comptitions) thread to be a good example of the kind of things that snowheads has to offer that are relevant to you. You'll need to get to the end of the list to find competitions that are still open.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=39275
ski holidays
manicpb, Laughing Laughing
latest report
sev112 wrote:
Maria55 wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., you might well side with achilles, this place is clearly a "PRIVATE - Ski Club" full of clicky people in clicky groups!!

And you will find that it is SPEL "clique " Smile whichever competition winning website you go to next , he he

First rule of Spell club, don't get Spelled wrong when correcting someone.
ski holidays
sweetspot_skia, where's my PM then??... eh??... I mean, I only joined SH's to enter these awesome competitions and win the first prize.... oh.. hang on a minute....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy