Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Booster" boot straps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen that there are a quite a few threads on the subject of these already, however I've already decided to buy them. The problem is, there seem to be two makes:

These ones by Snow and Cock, made by Con'formable and:

http://search.snowandrock.com/search#w=booster

these ones by some mob called Snow Metrix. They're more expensive, but say they're the "original". I don't really care about that, but are they much of a muchness or is there an actual difference? Would rather go with the cheaper ones obviously.

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/AdvancedSearch.aspx?Term=booster

Cheers in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have no idea what the difference might be, but I had them (the original) fitted on my factors and they when from stiff and uncomfortable to just fine, recommended.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look like the same product to me...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andersont, the pictures are of the same product, just make sure you get the correct stiffness....unless you are very powerful and heavy go for the 3 band one, normally described as the "expert/racer" (it is the one which was £35 in the second link, although i ma not sure why shops discount products like this that are ongoing) and not the world cup... the world cup one has 2 of the three layers of elastic stitched together to make it stiffer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi mate, thanks for the advice. I went for the expert/racer like you said, it had three bands. The advanced/intermediate also had two like the world cup, but I had a look and they were two seperate ones of the same thickness.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So I have velcro versions of this on my boot, like this: http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/29605/products/atomic_b90_2012_mens_ski_boots.aspx

What is a system going to do for me that the clips and velcro aren't doing already?

Wondering if this might help me to get another season out of my currently slightly flaccid boots.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andersont,

sounds like something was in the wrong packet

junior: 2 thin bands and shorter strap
intermediate: 2 bands normal length strap
expert/racer: 3 equal bands normal length strap
world cup: 3 equal bands the inner 2 of which are bar tack stitched together, normal length strap

Monium, the booster (as it is elasticated)just gives a bit more rebound and helps to get the tongue of the boot closer to the leg...some people love them others don't really notice any difference
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, thanks. I guess I'll give it a go and see what happens. The velcro ones on my boots are not elasticated, so no rebound I guess. Might just help, and I have S&R vouchers to waste. If not, maybe I'll have to let you try and help me over the summer Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
got these the other day, wow they're good, make my position in the boot just so much better somehow, maybe It's just I'm tightening it more I don't know why.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy