Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis - Line Prophet 98 - need binding recommendation...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need new bindings to mount on a pair of line prophet 98s.

Jester or px14? I don't know much (if anything) about bindings.

I weigh 95kg, am 6' 4" and like to ski mixed terrain. These are to suit skiing off piste as much as on and should be able to handle small drops.

One option is to mount my barons but these skis aren't to be used for any kind of skinning, more lift served hooning around.

Are the mount points for jesters and barons the same?

Also, I see freezeproshop have an offer on jester pro's... Worth the extra and does that wee bar on the toe make much difference?

Anyone with experience of the Prophet 98s and did you mount on or behind the line?

Any info much appreciated.

No rush to buy as there's not much snow!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 26-03-12 15:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mounting points are different , but you could get quiver killers to double up
Jester is a great binding, and will handle most jumps and drops , but think the pro version would only be of benefit for those really pushing the limits , Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carbon_copy, that's what I thought about the pro too, but worth checking Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Idea............... sell your Barons on Ebay.

Buy some piste orientated kit for your excellent mid-fat skis.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, They do look extremely cool though, obviously not a reason for buying them Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if you were planning on selling your barons you could(not certain about this) get quiver killers on an mfd plate and then have just the one set of non touring bindings, get some GOOD bindings and just switch them between skis easily if quiver killers work with mfd plates.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just bumping this for any more input and one more question...

are 110mm breaks too wide or is that what i'm looking for?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly, 110mm are fine , i have 115 on my 99 wide skis and have no problems
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have Jester Pros on my Line SFBs. Great binding but a bit OTT for general use. Standard Jesters would be a good choice. Or even Griffons for a lightweight setup. I have Griffons on my Prophet 100s and no probs, although I'm 10kg lighter.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy