Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is skiing like formula one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
spud wrote:
The airbag suits used by motorcyle racers, is already being tested and developed for Ski Racers.

See here... http://www.dawn.com/2012/01/20/air-bags-presented-as-ski-racing%E2%80%99s-safety-solution.html

What is developed in ski racing usually filters down to the general skiing public in one form or the other...so who know's in the future.

As for licences...Why not?

Look it from the other side...perhaps people would be more interested if it was safer and regulated. Perhaps more would take up skiing. I know people who won't ski because they say it's too dangerous.

I am sure that FAR fewer would take it up.

Skiing is already seen as expensive and difficult to get into by those who don't do it.

Adding a requirement to get licensed and very few people would be prepared to bother trying it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob wrote:
Just get the pistenbully drivers to smoke some more weed or crack - amazing how many holes and "accidental" 1 foot step up/downs they can leave on a piste when they don't concentrate.

Little step ups/downs all over the place would be awesome!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steps down might be fun - don't want to start getting involved with skiing uphill though. I leave all that sort of thing to Mrs Musher.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
valais2 wrote:
But I wish the 'blatting senselessly down the hill skiing well above their ability' brigade would blood y well stop doing it.

It's useless to hope for something like this. Let's go back to comparison with road traffic. We have penalties (huge one) yet people still drive through red light, they drive too fast etc. Why would anyone think thing could be different in skiing? People do same thing (breaking rules and laws) in every days life several times a day. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I really don't see any chance people would all of a sudden think differently when you set them on skis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
primoz, ...oh well....there's goes the march of human progress...can human behaviour REALLY not change for the better...is it just skiing that's immune from it?....(although recognise that this is a wider question?)....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy