Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weems Westfeldt's new text

Poster: A snowHead
A long time instructor in the Rocky Mountain division of PSIA has released bits of a new book. I thought it might help all of us pass the time until winter

www.edgechange.com/epicski

Weems in an examiner in our division, a true gentleman, and a heck of a nice guy. I don't pretend to know him well. Aspen is way across the state from where I have taught and in other ways is world's apart.

I do enjoy telling one Weems tale. Upon completion of three days of testing at our full certification exam about fifty instructors were left sitting in a room at Steamboat anxiously awaiting their results. Weems and the other examiners were sequestered in another room tabulating scores. Weems had not been my examiner. He was the first to enter our waiting area after two agonizing hours. I was seated at a table with my group. Weems walked by, looked me straight in the eye, and winked. I knew I'd soon have good news. It was a kind gesture and one I'll never forget.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weems is also the dean of the EpicSki Academy in Snowbird this year - it will be great to meet up with him again!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, Rusty. That's a nice thing to say. I hope to live up to it, but my evil inner twin brother keeps getting in the way.

We hope some of you Snowheads will come to Snowbird for the EpicSki Academy this year. It stars the famous Wear The Fox Hat--our conscience in residence--on guitar and in the bar--as well as a knockout group of fun-lovin', hot skiin', great teachin' coaches.

If you've never skied Utah, this is the best place and the best way to do it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
weems, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm pleased to be here. These guys speak a lot better English than you do.

Hey, folks, Martin Bell is also gonna be one of our coaches at ESA.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weems,
It's all here...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1819&start=120
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
weems wrote:
I'm pleased to be here. These guys speak a lot better English than you do.

I hope you can understand our coloUrful humoUr! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow. Where did those U's come from. Those are coul. Can you put theum just any wheure?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
weems wrote:
Wow. Where did those U's come from. Those are coul. Can you put theum just any wheure?

Laughing

Almost.

And for out next lesson, American civilisation.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea. Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting idea. Go from the easy to the impossible.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
weems, I look forward to meet you (& Martin) in January.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
excellent looking website too mr weems.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Royal! I've got a special wizard who built it for me.

Catch you in January Spyderjon. (Do you take your name from my favorite blues, rags, and hollers player, Spider John Koerner?)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
weems wrote:
Catch you in January Spyderjon. (Do you take your name from my favorite blues, rags, and hollers player, Spider John Koerner?)

Sorry Weems but no. Never heard of him I'm afraid.

Name comes from a friend on the first morning of a group skiing holiday with 3 other Jon's/John's & some name differentiation was obviously required. I was wearing my newly acquired skiing jacket. As the saying goes "if the coat fits..."
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's a lot better than Bogner Jon.
ski holidays
wish i could afford to go to aspen as well as winter park next year...

martin bell was a hero of mine when i was a nipper !
ski holidays
Royal, Martin's skiing with us in Utah at the ESA.
snow conditions
i never even knew they has snow in utah until i found this site....

ps whats the ESA... European space agency ?
snow report
Royal, Epic Ski Academy - click WTFH's sig for more info.
snow conditions
Thank you
snow report
Royal wrote:
i never even knew they has snow in utah until i found this site....

Ah, yes, Utah has a thing called "Champagne Powder". It should be experienced at least once in your lifetime.
snow report
maybe next year I will get enough overtime in to pay for esa07 ?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, I thought somewhere in CO (Steamboat, Copper?) had trademarked the term "Champagne Powder". Know what you mean though, Ive only had 2 weeks in Utah, with probably only 3 days of powder, but it was damn fine stuff!
snow report
Plake, yup, Steamboat, my mistake. Utah has "The greatest snow on earth™"

http://www.altalodge.com/snow/index.php?parent=3&subnav=86

http://saltlakecity.about.com/cs/weather/a/gsoe.htm
ski holidays
For some climatological and geographical reason, the Little Cottonwood Canyon, where Snowbird and Alta are located, more often than not picks up the highest volume of the lightest, driest powder anywhere. They consistently get more snow than parallel canyons in the same range of mountains (The Wasatch). Also, even though both Snowbird and Alta have very nice intermediate terrain, they also both have some of the finest steep skiing in North America.
snow report
weems, that only leaves me with one question. Given all those facts, why did you choose to stay as SSD at Aspen? Laughing
latest report
the girls
snow report
Actually, as a ski resort, with all the amenities, the culture, the sophistication, the mountains, the snow, the clientele, the terrain variety, the ski school, and the town...I don't think there is anyplace I'd rather be than Aspen/Snowmass. It's also home.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
weems, better than nederland, ward, tabernash or fraser?
snow report
Almost.
snow report
Well, better than Ward.
ski holidays
in all fairness to friends in the UK, the above four towns/villages/enclaves are several spots in the Rockies untouched by time. Ward is a little cluster of shacks that are inhabited by aging hippies who escaped from Boulder which is home to the University of Colorado. Nederland is a neighboring town below a small ski resort called Eldora where I worked for the past six years. Graham Nash made ned home for some time. i've always thought that is where he got his hair style.

On the other side of the divide about ten miles are Fraser and Tabernash. Fraser bills itself as the "icebox of the nation". Both these little towns are near the Winter Park ski area.

visitors to the area owe themselves a drive around Fraser and a stop in the town saloon for a cold carbonated beverage of their choice. some of the locals look a tad rough around the edges, however, they are a kind welcoming lot. in reality their all too drunk/stoned to cause problems. buy a few beers and they'll elect you to some local office.

aspen they aren't
snow report
Is that how you got elected?
snow report
Rusty Guy, does Fraser still have the tubing hill? (I think it was near the 7/11)
snow report
Thanks for the info Rusty Guy. Ward sounds excellent!
ski holidays
Yeah, Ward is amazing. They have abandoned, junk cars parked all along the main highway through town to keep the real estate values down.
snow report
weems wrote:
Is that how you got elected?

i ran for high sheriff on a platform of coors light for all. junk vehicles ENHANCE property values. no 7-11 in fraser....we wouldn't have it. there is a small abandonned ski hill west of town. i never knew anything about tubing, however, that has to be the spot.
snow conditions
Rusty Guy, OK, maybe it wasn't a 7-11, it's been a while!
The hill was on the WP side of town, can't be more specific than that!
latest report
I have actually tubed there. It's closed now, but it was really fun. All my friends told me I had great fun that night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy