Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken ankle. What can I do on the holiday? (anything on a piste?)

Poster: A snowHead
2 and a half weeks ago I, typically just before a skiing holiday (leaving on the 1st of April), broke my ankle playing rugby for my school. Mad I am deeply sad that I cannot find an alternative to boredom but am hoping that some other people could help. I am a fifteen year old boy that is an avid skier and needs help!!!!! Any suggestions are welcome!Preferably these suggestions are not weight bearing as I cannot Smile Thank you Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobbybod, oops Sad But ......... welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

Enjoy the mountain air, lots of reading, tv, etc. Elevate, elevate, leg exercises. Look after yourself now and you will be well on your way to a thorough recovery. You would be mad to do anything on a piste. Not what you wanted to hear I know but at least I haven't mentioned study wink I don't think there's a magic answer to this one.

Ps I hope your team won the match at least.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unfortunately we lost by a point in the last play Mad It isn't what I wanted to hear but I was thinking of the disability skiing, or knowing how much I love skiing, should I stay at home with some family friends because I couldn't stand not doing it and having to watch everyone else?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobbybod, you're 15. Too young to want to read and enjoy the scenery and certainly too young to drown your sorrows with the après.

I would stay at home. It will drive you mad watching everyone go off skiing and hearing about it when they got back. Sorry. Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just remember, a ski boot is far more effective than a cast... wink

Caveat: I am a masochist and most definitely not a trained doctor. If you take my advice then you probably only have yourself to blame. Toofy Grin

Sorry to hear about your injury, I missed last season due to a bad knee injury (made worse by my skiing on it for the best part of a week), so know just how infuriating it can be when you see the snow evaporate before your eyes. Sad Where are you going on holiday? Some places it may be better to just start at home with friends, but some places have enough other stuff going on to make it worth heading out for. Either way, best wishes for a speedy recovery, at least you're not missing too much of the rugby season.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
learn to ski on one leg...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd get the money back on insurance and use the dough to take yourself off summer skiing somewhere instead.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As much as I would love to ski on one leg it may be difficult to learn in a week so I might give that a miss but thank you CRAN. SKISIMON I would ski on it if I could put weight on it but I can't. I am a bit like you in the sense of that I would go if I thought I probably could just about survive, but due to the non-weight bearing overlooking my percentage of survival I probably won't. MAGGI, that is the argument constantly in my head but due to the pressure of exams and work at schoolI need a break away so will go but, I tell you what, I won't do any reading or work just for you. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BUTTERFLY, family is still going whether I went or not, but if I don't my ticket on the plane and stay in the chalet goes to my sister's friend Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobbybod, that is such a shame for you - I recall our youngest doing something dire to his knee in the last rugby match of his school career late in December and we were heading off to Saalbach on around the 23rd. He did come with us, he was 18 at the time, but on crutches with a huge brace on the knee - it was Christmas after all. As it turned out the wife of the other family we were meeting up with had an unexpected major op about two weeks before so she was not skiing either - we worked it out so that the two of them would get themselves somewhere where we could all meet up for lunch - it wasn't ideal for anyone but those two made the best of it.

And I could have happily punched all those stupid people at the airport on the way out making sarcastic comments about going away on crutches...

I would stay at home and hope that you get compensated by a good trip next year - I think you say you could stay with some family friends so not home alone (think mother worries immediately!!).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobbybod, sorry to hear your news.
Two questions - where are the family going?
Are you in a cast? (I assume you are, but you don't mention it)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bobbybod, I've just asked my 17 yr old what he would do. Straightaway he said "I'd stay at home" but then hummed a bit as the weather is often so good at this time of year and he does like reading. He's bringing school books away with us next week for our own holiday so wouldn't be having a full day's skiing every day anyway. I think that he would come, unless he was able to stay at his girlfriends perhaps wink

Yes and with regard to flying - are you in a cast?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am in one of these "air-casts", like a splint but I can pump up some air pads in order to make it comfortable (it is suitable for flying, thankfully). I am going to Vars in the french Alps but I ahve never been there before so I don't know what it will be like. Confused I am stuck in between the two decisions but I need a break from work and exams so am going but your 17 yr old son has the same thinking as me Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IMHO Stay at home, get the money back on insurance and go another year...

assuming parents go skiing, house is yours for a week of parties Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am going for the holiday but I would be at grandma's house if I had had to of stayed Sad It did cross my mind a few times though Laughing
snow conditions
Stay at grandma's and be pampered.

If you go on holiday, you'll be bored silly within the first 3 hours and pi$$ed off that you can't ski. Your folks won't be able to relax because they'll be picking up on your disenchantment and you'll all end up being miserable and falling out.
latest report
quinton, nothing like a bit of positive thinking Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy