Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Presse reviews out

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Click ^ Now if only DM S&S had an online presence . . .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
comprex, Ah but they do http://www.skiandsnowboardmag.com/ But it doesn't have the entire magazine, that's impressive.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex, what you mean like this ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, oh,no! another forum! Shocked Laughing snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's interesting . . . for the techie snowHead

It's on page 14
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting. I wonder how long it will last - PV cells are very fragile. Would be good to keep my GPS running.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has anyone noticed the weird ski classifications? Specifically race "stock" and race "regular". Rossi WC gS are "stock" while WC Sl are regular. Stockli Lasers are "regular" although my understanding is that they are "stock".

What's going on?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, dont't ask me they've put the Head iGS RD (for race department) in the regular section but Head do 2 versions of that ski and as I understand it the RD version is the FIS version whilst the other is a little less stiff for the wanabees, I'm pretty certain of this as I have a pair of last years RD skis
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's not just me then...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it just me or does anyone else find the reviews a pain in the kicker to digest? There are also contradictions, with comments on say short turns or edge grip or forgiveness in the text, not reflected in the scores. Maybe it's just meant to illustrate that almost any ski is the perfect ski for someone. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges, I believe that a lot of the contradictions in the scores (utterly meaningless BTW) are due to the rather, hmm, interesting lengths that were selected for the test. The boot test is the best part, IMO.

D G Orf, in the German version, they're all called 'Racecarvers', perhaps fittingly?

Masque, I like the juice bag over on compact-impact.com a bit better.

Did anyone notice the inflatable tubing jacket advert? I saw a pair of the gloves about 2 years ago as a prototype , never a mention since, and now the ad shows up for the European market. ??? After reading all the overheating comments in the helmet and shell selection threads, this leaves me puzzled.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex, has anyone ever tried to work out an objective way of working how a ski will perform? For instance, what determines a sweet spot? There must be a way of measuring how big this will be, whether it is front skewed or back skewed, how soft the shovel is for powder or bumps, how torsionally stiff it can be before someone who is an intermediate would find it unforgiving etc.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
slikedges, what you see as "contradictions" are not as such. The "score" is based on the average of all the testers' scores, the "comments" are based on individual opinions. The two will not always agree. If in doubt, go with the scores.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Bell, the scores are all fairly even then, at roundabout the 80 mark. Diffic to distinguish one from t'other. Doesn't narrow the list of skis to test on snow that much, but I guess at least the real lemons are excluded!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
slikedges, ithink that they report only on the skis that score above 75. you have to guess which skis were left out because they scored lower/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy