Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine mid April?!

Poster: A snowHead
Is it too late to get a weekend in Morzine for 14/15 April?

Have seen what looks like a good deal but don't know the area/conditions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is too warm in March.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lower slopes at Le Pleney ..............

21st March 2012.................. courtesy of www.snoweye.com

Morzine forecast .................. courtesy of www.snow-forecast.com

Link to Morzine snow report ......... http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Morzine/snow-report

Best of luck
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know the alps have been pretty warm for a while just hoping I might get another trip in this year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Too early to say particulary at this time of year. For France Morzine is low and I'd expect thing lower down to be suffering. Worst case there should still be plenty of skiing and you except it will be Spring Conditions. You coulod get a good dump or two between now and during then. Cheap for a reason I guess. I'd be tempted to hang on if possible and decide closer to the time but then again there's allot worse things you can do with your time than spending a week in the mountains in the sun even if the skiing is a bit limited/iffy at times.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
glp9, can you get a trip to a higher resort like Val Thorens, where the village is 2300m and various peaks at 3000m?

I stopped going to Morzine in March time because of rain.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All good advice guys, I'll keep looking for some deals.

I don't mind spring slush, just wouldn't want to go hill walking instead of skiing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
glp9 wrote:
I don't mind spring slush, just wouldn't want to go hill walking instead of skiing!

Thing with places like Morzine at that time of year is that if any percipitation comes is most likely to fall as rain, if it does come up to a fair altitude too. Which is like a double kick in the nuts if the snow isn't great and you can't enjoy a beer on a sun soaked balcony Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glp9, hill walking will be your best option:

Les Gets web site wrote:
Opening of the slopes

The ski area will be opened from December 17th 2011 to April 15th 2012
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I want to go skiing not sunbathing!! Sun soaked terraces don't hold much appeal.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bikeandsnow wrote:
I stopped going to Morzine in March time because of rain.

I have now been to Morzine in March for the second year running and it was good both times.

Remember Morzine is linked to Avoriaz which is much higher. Even last year with the terrible conditions, it snowed twice in avoriaz in the days before our visit
This year it was very good despite high temps and now they have 2 recents decent snowfalls..

Generalising doesn't help anyone..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, Thanks for the perspective. It's so difficult to know what to do at this time of year!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, and recommending going to places where it rains does not either.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bikeandsnow,

so you can guarantee 100% it's going to rain?
If you got a crystal ball, I think some people on the weather outlook thread would appreciate your advice... the met-office as well I'd imagine..

glp9,
Yes April is a difficult one. 2/3 years ago I boarded in the pyrenees on the 16th of April and there was so much snow it was unreal. The year after that there was nothing..

Aim high, which Morzine can be with very easy access to Avoriaz (and if open), or wait last minute...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
glp9, Have had a great weekend in Morzine April 25th, albeit skiing Avoriaz.

Depends on what's happened betwixt now and then.

If you're going for a weekend, book your accommodation thheday before and decide then where you go.
snow conditions
All sounds good, just need to arrange days of for oh and we might be able to get away!

Fingers crossed we'll sort something out.
latest report
I went last year to Morzine/Avoriaz for three days last April and had lovely spring conditions. Nice firm piste in the morning, late lunch and waterskiing home with a beer at the bottom. One afternoon we had a bit of rain after a late lunch. The other days were blue skies and we even had 15cm of fresh overnight on the second night. A trip to Argentiere on the fourth day was excellent (better conditions to Morzine, still very warm at the bottom) with some lovely fresh powder at the top of the Grand Montets, so if it's awful in Morzine a trip over there might be worthwhile if you find yourself in that situation? Although that could have been a one off only having spent a day there.
snow report
I wouldn't do it. Getting back down to the Super Morzine is the control factor - if you can't get back from Avoriaz on skis then you are a bit scuppered. By that time of year if the weather warms up a bit, or it rains a fair bit, then that is likely enough for me not to spend my money on it (unless I was booking less than a week beforehand and could see the webcams and reports to check it)

Go for Tignes, Val D'Isere and Val Thorens. All will have plenty of ski area and plenty of snow until the end of April.
latest report
Quote:

Sun soaked terraces don't hold much appeal.

then probably best not to go to Morzine in mid April.
ski holidays
I will be in Avoriaz around those dates and have booked a couple of super dumps so it will be fine. If i dont get to ski pow in the mornings and enjoy a beer in the sun in the afternoon then will claim on my insurance Laughing
latest report
Monium, Why?

Ardent is a much better access.
ski holidays
Or Prodains cable car straight back down from Avoriaz and bus back to Morzine. Super Morzine will most likely be closed (check the web site) but you'll need to go to Avoriaz anyway as Les Gets/Morzine is closed from 15th April (well, officially).
ski holidays
Having been to Morzine when it's all been a bit too warm and wet I would say don't do it unless the deal is amazing.
Better to go for Val T Val d or Tignes as Monium says, likely to have much better conditions, and I'm sure there will be deals to be had there too!
ski holidays
I admit to being no expert on Alpine weather predictions, however having skied Avoriaz, Chatel, Les Gets and Morzine on Tues and Wed this week in probably the warmest weather I have ever experienced in the Alps - I think I would be looking for somewhere higher for mid April.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy