Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

5 fatalities in Norway Avalanche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Five tourists died after being buried by an avalanche in northern Norway. One member of the group was dug out alive and taken to hospital. Another skier who was with the tourists believed to be from Switzerland and France is still missing. Helicopters and dogs took part in the search for the skiers with rescuers being alerted to where the group was buried by beacons from their radio transceivers, AP reported. The tragedy took place on Monday on Sorbmegaisa mountain which lies 40 miles east of the city of Tromsoe.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/four-skiers-killed-in-norwegian-avalanch.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks pretty huge from that video.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grabbed this off the thread going on over at the TGR forums:

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is a big slide!

Have the temps been high in Norway of late as well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Jérôme Moracchioli, one of the official doctors and mountain guides of the Freeride World Tour, was sadly taken by an avalanche when skiing with clients in Northern Norway. Jérôme, a highly appreciated rescue doctor and mountain guide in the Mont Blanc range, was part of the FWT team on several events in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, Courmayeur-Mont-Blanc, as well as in Sochi, Russia. FWT and all the athletes wish to express our deepest thoughts to his closest family and friends.

Sad news and presumably connected.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the Lyngen Lodge FB page

"Avalanche accident is not connected with Lyngen Lodge, the victims were not guests. Lyngen Lodge is used as a rescue base for helicopters, guides and logistics. A sad day for the skiers who died today from Switzerland."
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"They were tourists from Switzerland, in France"

Good skiils Reuters!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was touring with aswedish guide yesterday I've known fro many years and have been up to Lyngen five times with. He had heard about this horrendous incident, having only come back a few weeks ago from ther. He obviously has been trying to find out more detail, they were on a boat, though from this location I' m not exactly too sure where, as I do not recognise the name.

what Per did say was that the snow conditions were really weird, and he turned back three times in three separate days, I did ask many more questions as to why, but have to admit to being a little over whelmed by his explanations.

And the othe detail yet to determine, did it hapen going up or down, he reckons strong possibility of skinning up naturally.

This is so traggic
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The reports I read in the Norwegian national press were that with the weather conditions and the risk of slides the local warnings were to stay away from any pitch over 30deg. These guys were skiing a 42deg pitch in very sketchy conditions Sad

Airbags and beacons couldn't rescue them from suffocation under 5-8m of snow, even though help arrived quickly on the scene with beacons, spades and probes. One of the six came to a halt with his head over the snow - he survived. The other 6-man group from the party of 12, including the french guide's wife, had to watch the slide from the summit, before descending and doing their utmost to save their companions/friends/spouse. I understand this happened on the descent - the guide took the first group down, with his wife to follow with the second group.

The slide was 1km wide and 5-600m long. Seriously bad poo-poo - so tragic!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy