Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haute Route 8 April spaces available

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been asked by a pal to see if any interested SHs - with Italian guide Anna Monari ...... Let me know and I will put you in touch.

Dear Nigel, from the 8th to the 14th of April I will be hauterouting from Chamonix to Zermatt with skis and skins, if you Know anybody that can be interest in please tell me!

This is more or less the program:

First day: hard day: we go by lift to Grands Montets, than we climb 800 meters in altitude by skins to Col du Chardonnet (we do a steep descent on the other side with a fixed rope at the top). We climb other 700 steep meters in altitude to Col de Saleina and, to end the day, we do a very long descent to La Fouly. We stop in la Fouly and here we sleep at an hotel (the only chance, during the whole journey, to take a shower).

Second day: quiet day.

We find a steep slope to climb to reach Col d’Iver (1100 meters in altitude), followed by a short descent to reach S. Bernardo’s hospice (very fiendly).

Tird day: busy day. We descent to Bourg S. Bernard than we climb to Croix de Tsusse (700 m in altitude) descent and ascent to Cabane de Valsorey ( other 800 steep meters).

Fourth day: alpinistic day. We go up to Plateau du Couloir and Col du Sonadon that is a very steep ascent of less than 800 meters in altitude and almost certainly to be done, in large part (depends on conditions) with your skis in the rucksack and wearing crampons.

We finally go down to Cab. de Chanrion with an exciting downhill.

Fifth day: easy day. We cross to cabane des Vignettes through Pigne d’Arolla.

Last day: we go up to Col du Valpelline and descent to Zermatt. From Zermatt, to go back to civilization, you can take the train.

The Chamonix – Zermatt, while never reaching the four thousand meters, whatever else you do it, is always busy and wild; more than a ski trip is a raid with all the setbacks and the delights of travels.

Some steps are long. The real goal is to reach Zermatt thing which, among other things, is not always succeeds because of weather problems and / or snow.

Can be accomplished with innumerable variations. The one that I have chosen, remains fairly high altitude and does not use either public transport or lifts (with the exception of the Grands Montets cable car on the first day).

Is advisable to arrive in Chamonix in the evening before. Luggage must be cut to the bone, all that you have in your luggage, you must bring back to Zermatt. Granted only luxury is a pair of shoes or slippers to wear in the refuge. Council only one change of underwear and socks, food to ride for one day, (you always half board in refuges and you can restock on the way).

Nothing to wash, light photocamera. We will fits over the phone who bears the snow shovels (one every two participants). I will bring ropes, materials for repair, replacement skins.

The cost is 800 euros and includes half boards. Are excluded the first day cable car and extras.

Have the money to carry around a handful of euros to pay the cable car the first day (Montenvers) and Swiss francs for shelters and beer (for it to be rich, but in Switzerland more than anywhere else is better to be rich).

….I hope my english is understandable and correct!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy