Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you mind arriving in resort (very) late for a discount?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The thought of saving £400 on a family trip is appealing.

I'd be thinking about it if it were offered.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd rather arrive in resort at 2am, (eat at the UK airport) sleep till 9 and be skiing by 10 (I have my own gear) than get up at silly o'clock to leave home at 4am... and we do that all the time when we drive to France which is a 13 hour trip for us! My concern would be...a delayed departure which could end up as a cancellation because aren't there rules about night flying from UK airports?...Half term is a nightmare, don't do it - try Christmas and Easter if you can't leave the offspring behind, much quieter...and Italy...rarely runs on time. How would you get to resort...I doubt a car hire depot would be open that late.
Travelling with kids is fine - little ones sleep and eat (and vomit) and big ones plug into something electronic and go into a trance.
Quote:

Personally, as someone who generally flies on my own (and never with children), it would be an ideal option for me. That said, if I had kids in tow I'm not sure that anything could induce me to take an option which would arrive in resort beyond midnight. However, my input is somewhat moot anyway, as I will only ever set a ski down in a ski resort during half-term if I'm being paid for the dis-privilege (yes, I know I just made that word up...)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Drive! Much easier with kids and £400 saved should cover the fuel easily unless you drive a tank - Tesco tokens pay for the tunnel, all you pay is tolls and breakdown insurance. You are in control as well - start and stop at will and no hanging about at airports or for coach drivers to take their important but annoying break half an hour from the resort....but 2 drivers recommended. It's really not that difficult to drive on the "other side". Oh and don't forget to get some chains...£50.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hang on, hang on, we are in danger of sliding into the seething pit of DIY - whatever next, don't forget your gaffer tape and sandwiches wink

snowyowl wrote:
How would you get to resort...I doubt a car hire depot would be open that late.

Hmmm... Coach (we have LOTS)

snowyowl wrote:
£400 saved should cover the fuel easily.

No it won't. I drive to from our resort quite a few times a year (I have to due to having a boot load of computers/printers/uniforms/etc/etc - oh and not forgeting lots of chedder cheese, as you can't buy it round our way, and my mates at the school love it).
Anyway, sod all chance of getting from the Uk and back from Italy for £400 - the tolls are almost that much and petrol in italy is (regardless of what the Daily Mails tell you) shed loads more than it is in the UK.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowyowl wrote:
Quote:

Drive! Much easier with kids and £400 saved should cover the fuel easily unless you drive a tank.

Not according to my mates who have driven their family to France while I've flown and met them there. Not much in it cost wise according to them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did a quick evaluation before booking next years trip, and I think driving will be almost exactly the same as flying.

Diesel would be in the order of £300, AA 5* is about £90, add in a few tolls, chains, warning triangles etc. additional expenses like feeding the kids at every garage you pass and it will easily match the £350 on BA tickets, say £50 for airport parking and £40 diesel to the airport.

Our transfer the other end is a short train ride from Innsbruck so not difficult or expensive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc wrote:
Not according to my mates who have driven their family to France

We are in ITALY

Euro Tunnel (return) £151
Tolls (each way) £114.72
Fuel (return) £456
Mont Blanc tunnel (return) £37.50

Total cost of return from Manchester to Dolomites £873.94

This does not include 1 night hotel each way, coffee stops, etc
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I forgot to mention the tunnel, but the there are always the Tesco points ... I think I'll stick to flying (using my Tesco points for Avios).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy