Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ISIA Tech...who's done it? How difficult?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wayne, Thanks for posting. Don't suppose you have the 'after' too ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Wayne Don't suppose you have the 'after' too ?

Not much different - Just changed his hat wink Sorry wayne c u soon Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Wayne, Thanks for posting. Don't suppose you have the 'after' too ?

Not really, as I didn't take any after the course. I think I have some more from the training weeks a little later on - I'll try and dig them out. But mainly I did training with Lee from Snoworks (I wouldn't have passed without his input on both the tech and the teach). As I said we don't really have bumps fields in our part of Italy like they do in France, so I really needed the input. I think there are some vids on the BASI site now that show the standards needed for each grade ?

Mind you !! I have been told (admittedly it was in a bar ?) that ISIA courses don't use anything as steep as the Tommuses bumps. Maybe a trainer could post and confirm as I'm not really sure and I wouldn't want to give anyone the wrong criteria.

From what I remember the criteria was (regardless of what it says in the workbook) that the trainer was looking to see if you could "ski" in a mogul field (as opposed to just being on skis in a mogul field - if you know what I mean), at a fair speed and in and out of the fall line as directed. Once again I may be wrong as I'm really old now and my memory is starting to fade.

Hey Stewart, you missed out on a fine Alpina Burger last Friday lunch, I met P and H (and kids) in the gully leading down from VdI towards the Tom lift - kids were having a brill time of it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's the BASI L3 video

http://youtube.com/v/6cr8ZiWw-NA

and L4

http://youtube.com/v/YsIvjr1uH-4
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndAnotherThing..,
Don't forget that my vid is of a skier NOT at the right standard for the ISIA tech.
See the comments on the vid by the trainer who was kind enough to give some feedback.

Also I'm not sure if the bumps in my vid are the right steepness (maybe too steep or not steep enough?)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne, No probs. I was just curious to see the difference after your 2 weeks on the course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne wrote:
Mind you !! I have been told (admittedly it was in a bar ?) that ISIA courses don't use anything as steep as the Tommuses bumps.
L3 bumps last May in Tux were steeper than the Tommuses. Same pitch that they used for L4, the black piste to the side of the Stade (because that's all that were available).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
Touchguru, Did you pass??

No I didn't - my bumps weren't good enough so no complaints there at all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Touchguru, Sorry to hear that,
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just back from Tux and the L3 candidates had a real tough time.... not exactly sure but something like 11 out of 60 passed the Tech, bad weather during the training week and people turning up too early seemed to be the culprit..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone have a link to the changes to the BASI ISIA training & assessment ? I've failed to find it on the web site.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AndAnotherThing.., It's in the email that was sent out on Friday, but seems to be a public document:

http://www.basi.org.uk/docs/Performance%20Courses.pdf
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i had always heard it was two weeks to comply with ISIA training hour requirements, now that it is one week and you only have to do a single coach course what makes up the difference in the reduction of required training hours. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Cheers Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy