Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would like advice on buying skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning on buying some k2 coombacks with marker baron bindings, after a lot of deliberation and research. I know that these are the exact skis and bindings I want.

I currently live in Switzerland though, and apparently there is some big tax on imports here? Does anyone know about this?

Also, I was speaking to a friend the other day, who mentioned that the strongest way to mount the bindings was with inserts, how do I go about having this done?

How do I work out what size bindings to get?

Also which ski size would most be recommended? I'm about 175 cm talll and 155 pounds, but I've only ever skied shorter skis (around 165-170 cm), but that was with boots that didnt fit (recently went to chamonix to get boots fitted by Jules of Sanglard, cannot recommend him more), and I feel that now I should be skiing a lot better, so maybe I should go for a longer ski? I noticed the coombacks are in 174cm.

Any good sites for deals etc. that anyone knows of would also be great.

Cheers,

Ed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Baron comes in short and the long versions to accommodate a range of boot sole lengths. Check the sole length of you boot and purchase the size binding accordingly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edvenables, A 174cm coomback actually measures 178cm, but is rockered so skis shorter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy