Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DON'T PANIC.....contrast to last year

Poster: A snowHead
All those folk panicking about warm temps, this was last year.

Saulire 9th April 2011 (I think)

The bottom of the Coup du Monde chairlift in Les Houches 8th April 2011

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
er... should we expect this year's pictures at some stage for 'contrast'? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, presumably around 8/9 April?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should be interesting!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Deux Alpes village level 1650m taken from the same point

4th April 2010
Les Deux Alpes Easter 2010

9th April 2011
Les Deux Alpes

I'll be happy with something between the 2 this year!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Fingers crossed for conditions like the first this year!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2007 was not great, 2008 was very good (but Easter was very early) and 2009 was pretty good. Haven't got the same shot for those although I had the same apartment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
All those folk panicking about warm temps, this was last year.

Saulire 9th April 2011 (I think)

3 1/2 weeks is a long time in sports.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
red 27 wrote:
er... should we expect this year's pictures at some stage for 'contrast'? Puzzled
Good point.
Most of the lower resorts (return to valley runs) are going to really suffer over the next week or so with the higher temps in the valleys. Sunday's midday forecast valley temp for ski Amade is +13 deg c !
Even in VT resort at 2,300m, it's forecast to be +3 deg c.

Hey, it's spring, these are the conditions to expect! Sun cream, spring snow and slushy in the valleys!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
April recollections from the past 4 years of doing seasons (Tarentaise):

2008 - Very, very good. Good base and cold weather + snow with epic powder riding still available as the lifts were closing for the summer!

2009 - Fine. Great snow base, but dry and very mild throughout April.

2010 - Good. Base was fine and a proper winter snowstorm over Easter weekend gave great conditions - rapidly turned back to Spring afterwards though.

2011 - Let us never speak of it again.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The run to Arc 1800
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Amazingly though, they kept the run to Monty open in La Plagne right til the end of the season, iirc!

Many resorts were looking scarily green at the end of March last year, this year will be fine.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, ah yes. It finished just over the next drop. Well you could go a bit further (a few metres) if you wanted to annoy the golfers Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, Is that now or last year Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, take a guess, one year has had amazing amounts of snow, one didn't...
snow conditions
Quote:

Hey, it's spring, these are the conditions to expect!

not really. Temperatures have been above, or well above, average for much of the last month and, apart from a short blip, forecast to remain well above average for a bit.

Fortunately, many places had a well above average load of snow before the warm weather set in.

So, all rather unusual, actually, but adds up to a reasonable prospect for the next few weeks.
snow conditions
Boris wrote:
The run to Arc 1800

I remember that well. I went out for a run and forgot I was in a ski resort, that was until I nearly got run over by a piste basher that was working on a strip of snow about 5 metres wide!
ski holidays
That's my old man up there, having his sandwich in Les Houches. wink
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, Last Easter - I'm seriously hoping this Easter will be better!
latest report
Some pictures in here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1215625 of a previous Easter trip - as you can see the snow a lot better and about normal for time of year. Outside the hut is where I took the photo looking down to Les Arcs shown above!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy